Becky's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3aday

Becky's Check-in

Post by 3aday » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:20 am

1/11/06

Meal 1: water, 6 ounces full fat blueberry yogurt, 1/2 cup instant cheese grits, 1 scoop of scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup applesauce, plain tea (no cream, no sugar, no artificial sweetner)

Meal 2: water, 2/3 cup baby carrots, 2 tablespoons full fat ranch dressing, white flour tortilla rollup with 2 ounces turkey and cheese (dipped in the ranch dressing), 1/2 cup diced peaches, plain tea (no cream, no sugar, no artificial sweetner)

Meal 3: water, 6 ounces lowfat yocrunch yogurt with 1/4 cup granola, plain chamomile tea (no sugar, no artificial sweetner)

Meal 4: water, 1 french hamburger bun, 2 ounces of picadillo, 1 ounce of cheese, 2/3 cup baby carrots with full fat ranch dressing, 5 dried plums, plain chamomile tea (no sugar, no artifical sweetner)
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Hello! Good luck!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:35 pm

Thank you very much...I keep trying! Eventually I am going to have a successful day!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:28 am

Hey Becky.

What was unsucessful about your 4 meal day above? It looks pretty good to me.

Good on you, I think you're doing much better than you realise and give yourself credit for.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:34 pm

What was unsucessful about your 4 meal day above? It looks pretty good to me.
Ditto!!!
There's totally nothing there that could be considered a NoS infraction of rules.... Your fourth healthy meal is okay... Really..
Ask Reinhard..
Three meals a day is "suggested" but four is okay as long as they are not all huge..

Yay Becky!!!
You are my hero~

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:36 pm

Carolejo and Debbie--I am getting better at this!
Thanks for your support!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:52 pm

1/12/06

Meal 1: water, 6 ounce full fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup instant cinnamon and apples oatmeal, plain black tea

Meal 2: water, 1 cup tomato basil soup, 2 bite size gingerbread muffins, 8 baby carrots, 1 tablespoon full fat ranch dressing

Meal 3: water, 10 almonds, 5 dried "plums", plain black tea

Meal 4: water, 2 tacos with meat and cheese on soft flour tortillas, 8 baby carrots, 1 tablespoon full fat ranch dressing

Tonight: 2 cups plain chamomile tea
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:48 am

Whay Hey!! That's looking DANGEROUSLY like another day of successful eating, Becky! :lol:

Really, I think the biggest thing you need to sort out is positivity. Don't be so down on yourself. Blow your trumpet a bit more. You're doing really well. This food intake is *NOT* abnormal or high or damaging. Your food choices are generally pretty balanced and healthy and you're not overdoing it.

For this to be sustainable, you have to think of it as a way of eating for the rest of your life, not just another "weight loss diet". That often means reprogramming your body and your brain a little bit.

You're doing fantastically well. Please, try not to worry about it so much and try to feel positive about your successes and not get bogged down in so much negative thinking.

GO BECKY GO!

:D
C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks, Carolejo.
I think both you and Debbie have been instrumental in changing my way of thinking about the way I eat.
I can't thank you enough for helping me on this new way of life!
For many years, my food habits were disgusting.....
I don't think I ate a piece of fruit or vegetable in 10 years.
So, here I am starting over and I have been more balanced than I ever have!
I am proud of myself for that!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:50 am

1/13/06

I forgot my breakfast and lunch today so I am at the mercy of the vending machines at work.

Meal 1: water, mini personal cheese pizza from the vending machine at work, plain tea

Midmorning: plain tea

Meal 2: water, mini personal cheese pizza from the vending machine at work, 1/2 cup peach slices from the vending machine, plain tea

Mid afternoon: plain tea

Meal 3: Flamers cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, ketchup, tomatoes, and pickles, 1/2 cup applesauce, plain tea

Meal 4: 10 almonds, 5 dried "plums"
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:09 pm

1/14/06

Meal 1: Water, 1/2 english muffin topped with 1 egg and 1 slice of cheese, plain black coffee

Meal 2: Water, 1 cup of french onion soup with asiago cheese and parmesean crumbles, 1 slice of french baguette, 1/2 cup of fresh fruit (pineapple, grapes, cantelope, and honeydew), plain black coffee

Meal 3: Water, 1 quarter pitabread, 2 tablespoons hummus, 3 kalamata olives, plain black coffee

Meal 4: Water, 10 almonds, 5 dried plums
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kevin

Sounds like you are doing great!

Post by Kevin » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:53 am

If you can stick to three meals, great. If not, four is okay: I did that for a while.

But consider *not* going back and fourth. The idea, particularly at the start, is to create, and stick to, a habit.

It sounds like you are doing very well. Good luck!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:01 am

Thanks Kevin : )
I am going to try to stick to 4 meals for a little while.
I chose 3aday as my username in hopes that, in time, I can go down to 3.
That's my longterm goal
For now, I just hope to stop the mindless snacking and constantly eating sweets habit that I followed for years.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:02 am

I forgot it was an S day today :(
I will have to remember to treat myself tomorrow because next weekend is 7 days away!

schmiddtty

Post by schmiddtty » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:34 pm

Oh my gosh 3aday...you must really be in the habit!! How does one FORGET it is an S day!!!!! I live for them! Enjoy today! MJ

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:42 pm

1/15/06

I can't believe I forgot it was on S day to be honest with you!
The first 10 days of No S turned out to be all S days for me.
I kept snacking and eating candy and stuff. I decided to *really* try to stick to the No S habit on the 11th since almost every day I kept messing up.
I am getting ready to have a yummy brunch now...

Brunch: water, 2 (2 ounce each) pieces of french bread toasted in the oven and each piece topped with 2 sliced pieces of turkish beef pepperoni, 1 tomato slice and 1/2 slice mozzarella cheese with 1 ounce feta cheese and 3 kalamata olives on the side, plain tea

Lunch: water, 1 cup of tomato basil soup with shredded mozzarella, 1/2 cup of baby carrots with 2 tablespoons full fat ranch dressing, 4 bite size gingerbread muffins

Dinner: water, 1 piece of hubby's homemade meatloaf sfuffed with goat cheese and olives, a side of roasted green peppers and tomatoes, and a four inch piece of french baguette dipped in olive oil, ground black pepper and oregano

1 Dove dark chocolate bar

Have a great day, Becky
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:00 pm

1/16/06 I have decided today to be an additional S day since my husband and I are both off from work

Meal 1: water, 1 egg and 1 slice of cheese on top of 1/2 of an english muffin, black coffee

Meal 2: water, 1 demi baguette with butter, 1 8 ounce cafe latte with whole milk and 2 teaspoons sugar.

Meal 3: water, full fat french vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup granola, 5 dried plums, plain espresso

Meal 4: water, 10 almonds, 1/2 cup of applesauce
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:01 pm

"English" muffins always make my smile. We don't have any such thing in England :) Mind you, I bet you don't know what "American Hard Gums" are either, so at least we're quits :lol:

It's a worthy use of additional S day if both of you are off work together, I think.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:31 pm

Carolejo! LOL..
English Muffins Rock!!!

Funny you never had one :)
Ha! :P

They have nooks and crannys and are great for toasting with butter on top... Then the butter drips into the nooks! LOL..

Have a nice day ladies!
Good work Becky!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:25 am

I don't think they have "French" roast coffee or "French" fries in France, either!
No, we don't have "American" hard gums here :)
I don't know what "American" hard gums are, they sound like something attached to dentures!
Do you know.... I had NO IDEA "English" muffins didn't come from England?
:shock:
Absolutely no idea!

I know I originally planned today to be an S day but I really haven't had any S's today except for the sugar in my coffee at lunch.

Speaking of sugar in coffee, I haven't decided whether I plan to give up sugar in my coffee or tea. Carolejo, you mentioned in another post that this has to be "sustainable for life". I can drink plain coffee and tea but I don't particularly like it. So, that got me thinking...should I incorporate it back into my diet or should I not because I can drink them without it?

I am soooo confused because a part of me feels there should be pleasure in what you eat and drink.

Like Reinhard, I don't consider jam, yogurt or sugar in your oatmeal as S's. But, I haven't reached a verdict on my own personal use of sugar in coffee or tea. But today's coffee with the 2 teaspoons of sugar felt so.....indulgent : )

Help!

OK, I'm back...
I just read what you wrote in that coffee post "I drink my tea and coffee with milk in. Some people here even drink their tea and coffee with sugar in too. I don't add sugar, cos I don't like the way that tastes, but if I *did* like it, I would still include it.

NoS is about looking after the worst 80% of the problem. If you look after the big things, then the little things (like a dash of milk in your hot drinks) won't make any difference at all. "

I am going to back to adding my sugar in coffee and tea : )

Oh, I hope I am not making everyone crazy........

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:18 am

That's okay Becky!
After over a year of hearing my stories and ups and downs, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to your own special brand of crazy!

PS... Maybe in a year you can wean yourself down to 1.5 teaspoons and then you won't feel so indulgent!
LOL..

Have a nice evening!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:32 am

Hi Deb,
I can only hope you guys get used to my own special brand of crazy!
The secret is out!
I really am crazy.
As well as neurotic and extremely indecisive!
You know, I have always been like this and it's only gotten worse after I have gotten older : )
I go up and down all the time.
Back and forth.
Flip flop.
I am sure there is some kind of medicine out there for people like me!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:52 am

yeah, there probably *is* medicine out there, but why would you want to take it?! You seem to be getting along just fine. These sorts of questions are all normal and natural when you're starting out! :)

Deb used to take her hot drinks with artificial sweeteners in. They messed with her tastebuds so much that when she went back to sugar, it took something like 6 spoonfuls to get that same sweet taste! She's gradually retrained her tastebuds to recognise what is really 'sweet' and I think she's down to one or two now. You might find that with time, the amount of sugar in your drinks which tastes 'good' to you will go down - but I think you shouldn't worry about it. This will happen anyway of its own accord when your brain and body are ready and not before. If you try to force the issue by drinking your coffee without any sugar in, you'll probably just get fed up and feel hard-done by!

On English Muffins - Of course I've eaten them, when visiting the US. They're kind of similar to our 'Crumpets' but in crumpets the holes are more obvious and on the outside as well as the inside, rather than covered in.

American Hard Gums are a type of fruit flavoured candy. They're very chewy and hard and come in rolls about the size of a roll of lifesavers.

In Germany, they have "American style Cheese and Onion Flavour" potato chips. Of course, Cheese and onion flavour is a BRITISH thing, but the Germans are so convinced that Brits can't cook, that they didn't sell until the manufacturer 'lied' and said this flavour came from America :wink:
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:12 pm

1/17/06

Meal 1: water, 6 ounces french vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup granola, 5 dried plums, 1 cup of coffee with one nondairy creamer and 2 sugar packets

Midmorning: 1 cup of coffee with one nondairy creamer and 2 sugar packets

Meal 2: water, Stouffers frozen dinner (herbed chicken breast with linguini and vegetables), 1/2 banana

Meal 3: water, 3/4 cup shredded miniwheats, 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana

Meal 4: water, 9 mini beef ravioli topped with yogurt sauce (dried mint, minced garlic, powdered sumac, powdered red pepper and some melted better) 1 pita crisp, 1 ounce of feta cheese, 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:43 am

Don't know if it's coincidence or not, don't know if it's my time of the month or not, but today I had my coffee with 2 sugars twice and a cup of frosted shredded wheats as a mini meal and now I am dying over here.
I want to cheat and eat something sooooooooooo bad.
Luckily, I don't have any sweets in the house but I have other food that is just as tempting.
Since dinner tonight, my urge to want to snack on something is out of control.
I am drinking water with lime right now : (
I am going to try and keep on drinking water right now and hope I get through tonight : (
Just thought I would share my struggle.
It's like I can't even concentrate on anthing.
I just keep thinking...maybe I can have a yogurt or some feta cheese and be OK, but for the last 6 days I have stuck to eating 4 small meals a day (except for the chocolate on my S day) and I don't want to deviate on that. I really want to make this a habit.
I don't know what is wrong with me tonight.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:06 am

Becky,

Sorry tonight is being tough... hope you manage to pull through without too much pain and suffering. These are major habits you're changing, it's bound to be difficult. For someone who "hasn't eaten a piece of fruit or vegetable in ten years" this is gigantic. Your behavior over the last few weeks has been a triumph.

Hang in there. Don't despair if you run into some little bumps. You'll turn the corner where it gets easier soon.

Best,

Reinhard

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:40 am

Thanks Reinhard.
I have been doing better.
My first 11 days were disasters, No S speaking but when I switched to the 4 mini meals, I did much better.
Tonight I think was my first tough night.
But, I survived it.
I drank alot of water and tried to distract myself from trying to eat something and I think I made it.
I know there are days in the future that I will cave, but I would love to make it to Saturday this week, to prove to myself that I can.
I managed to make it from last Wed to Saturday and I hope to go Monday-Friday this week.
I am going to bed to probably dream about food!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:54 pm

1/18/06

Meal 1: water, 1 egg and 1 slice cheese on top of 1/2 of an "English" Muffin, small Dunkin Doughnuts coffee with real cream and sugar

Meal 2: water, (Stouffers frozen dinner) herbed chicken, linguini, and vegetables

Meal 3: water, 1.5 ounces salami, granola bar

Meal 4: water, 9 pieces of mini beef ravioli with yogurt sauce, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 ounce feta cheese, 1 flour tortilla
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:04 pm

1/19/06

Meal 1: water, full fat vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup granola, 5 prunes, coffee with one nondairy creamer and 2 sugar packets

Meal 2: water, 1 slice of pizza topped with tomatoes, black olives, and onions

Meal 3: water, 1 pancake dog (a coworker gave me a what appeared to be a corndog but it was made out of pancake and had a sausage link in it instead of a hotdog), 1/2 cup appl
esauce, coffee with one nondairy creamer and 2 sugar packets

:shock: I can't stop thinking about dark chocolate.

Meal 4: water, 1 slice of pizza with tomatoes, broccolli, and onions

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I still can't stop thinking about dark chocolate.
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:35 am, edited 6 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:47 pm

Boy Becky, you sure don't eat very much! :P

(Ha ha.. I know.... You will fill it in later! LOL...)

Hey! Now my son likes prunes too!!!
Aren't you excited about that?
LOL...

Between you myself and the Prune President here, Prunie Peetie, we could be considered the "Prune Triumverate"~

Yesterday I ate two Nathans hot dogs and made them in the frying pan, not in boiling water..
They were good!

Have a great day..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:23 pm

:D
Oh, I love Nathans!
They are sooo good fried in the pan.
When hubby makes hotdogs, he doesn't use a regular hamburger bun. He buys a regular roll and adds all sorts of stuff. Tomatoes, olives, cheese, sometimes hummus. He has added other stuff to them too but I don't remember right now.
But, believe it or not...they come out so delicious!
You may want to try dressing them up.
I was pretty traditional with the way I hotdogs growing up in NJ.
For awhile, I thought chili cheese dogs were a sacriledge or something.
Luckily I am over that and really, really enjoy them now.
I only eat beef hotdogs, though.

Prunes were the first things I learned to eat in moderation!
I don't think I have to explain why!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:27 pm

They are self moderating!!! LOL...

Those middle eastern style hotdogs sounds cool....
Kind of like a Shishkebab variation..
LOL...

I'll try it out soon!
Have a nice one Becky :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:21 pm

I like the hotdog sandwiches because they make a quick meal!
And....I am not cooking : )
I am lucky he cooks quite a bit.
You see, he is not crazy about my cooking!!!!!
I can manage to mess up just about anything!

Please tell your son I am very, very excited he likes prunes!
I think it's fantastic that he eats fruits.
When I was his age, I would eat candy instead of fruit!
Um, even do that now...but anyway...I am so very, very, very proud!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:45 pm

1/20/06

Meal 1: water, hot cocoa made with 6 ounces whole milk 2 teaspoons dark chocolate cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons sugar. Toasted english muffin with butter and St. Dalfours strawberry jam.

Meal 2: water, Wendy's classic single hamburger with cheese and extra tomato, 1/2 cup applesauce.

Meal 3: water, 1/2 panini sandwich made with grilled chicken, tomatoes, mozzarell, 1/2 of an apple

Meal 4: water, latte made with one shot of espresso and 8 ounces whole milk and 2 sugar packets
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:35 am, edited 7 times in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:49 pm

I do most of the cooking in our house. My husband is very good at producing inedible things from the most promising combinations of ingredients. I've no idea how he does it, and neither has he! :lol:
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:44 pm

CaroleJo,
I am glad to know I am not alone!
It is amazing what I am capable of destroying.
One time, I was at the story with hubby and I announced I was going to make homemade pudding and he said "No" and grabbed a six pack of already made pudding.
He knows from past experience my adventures in cooking always become inedible :lol:

I hope you have a great weekend!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:44 am

For the last 10 days (1-11-06 to 1-20-06), I have eaten 4 meals a day and I have not drank any soda. I have not snacked in between my 4 meals with the exeption of the dark chocolate bar on Sunday which was allowed : )
Personally, for me, this has been an accomplishment and I wanted to pat myself on the back. I had a tough week with cravings and I did not cave (Well, I did have hot chocolate for breakfast but if I were in France or Spain, this is one of the most popular breakfast beverages besides the cafe au lait or cafe con leche).
Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I am not doing the "21 day thing" but the "one day at a time" thing for now.
I hope everyone has a wonderful "S" weekend!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:18 am

Yay Becky!!!
Enjoy your weekend and S's!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:18 pm

S day! Yipee.

I woke up and went to the mall (I live really close).

I hadn't had breakfast so I grabbed a Cafe con Leche at Barnies. It was yum. They made it with whole milk but I don't know how much sugar they put in it. I walked by the Godiva stand and they had just baked their brownies. Sooooo, I grabbed a dark chocolate brownie to eat as my breakfast and ate it with my coffee. The interesting thing is, though it was quite delicious... and oozing in chocolately goodness.... I didn't realize just how filling it would be. Between the coffee (a "small" but bigger than my small coffee cups at home) and the big brownie, I am uncomfortably full and feel a little nauseated. I kind of feel like I am in a little sugar induced coma. Now, before No S, I would have probably grabbed some extra chocolate and maybe ordered a large coffee with no ill after effects. But now, it wasn't as rewarding as I imagined it would be : (
On a positive note, I don't know how much more S'ing I will be doing tonight since the Godiva brownie broke the bank. In the past, I could have gotten 3 packages of Little Deb brownies for the price of the single brownie!!!! : )

1/21/06

Brunch: 12 ounce cafe con leche made with espresso, steamed whole milk, and sugar, 1 Godiva Dark Chocolate Brownie

Meal 2: water, 6 inch Subway toasted chicken and bacon sandwich with monterrey/cheddar cheese, tomatoes and black olives.

Lots of water on Saturday night. I wasn't particularly hungry today. Just thirsty.

How funny, on the days the rules are relaxed, I am not hungry!
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:05 pm

Cool news Becky~
(Well maybe not the nausea part! LOL..)

Aren't S days fun!!!???

Now I want a brownie!!!!

Have a nice weekend..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:16 pm

Deb,
It was sooo good. If I lived close, I would bring you and Richard one.
But, I don't think it would be fresh by the time I drove a thousand miles!
Becky

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:42 pm

Yeah... LOL..
Something tells me it wouldn't make the trip!
Hee hee hee.....

Well maybe we will make some brownies tonight... that seems worthwhile..

I think I'll get the kind with walnuts and fudge!
mmmmm.............

See ya brownie girl!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 pm

S day

1/22/06

Brunch: water, 2 slices of french bread pizza topped with Bulgarian sheeps milk cheese, Turkish beef pepperoni, and sliced tomato, 2 small chunks of feta cheese

Meal 2: water, 6 ounces full fat french vanilla yogurt, 1/2 toasted english muffin, 1 tablespoon of Nutella topped wth 1/2 a banana

Meal 3: water, 2 slices of pizza topped with tomatoes, black olives, and onions, 1/2 cup applesauce

After dinner snack: water, 1/2 of a Godiva dark chocolate bar (gave the other half to hubby)

Before bedtime snack: water, 5 dried plums (wish I hadn't given the other half of the chocolate bar to hubby!)

Looks like I am making up for yesterday's lack of hunger! I was hungry from morning until night!
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:32 pm

Sheeps milk cheese is drool producing!!!!

Try this brand if you can ever get into a good specialty cheese store, like at Whole foods or Zabars.. LOL..

Petit Basque..
This is worth whatever price they ask!
It is probably the most heavenly cheese I ever had in my life!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:09 pm

We don't have a Whole Foods market or Zabars :(
I hear great stuff about the stores.
Next time I go home, I will check it out.
There is a little Bosnian European market in town and that is where we bought the sheeps milk cheese and the feta (French).
My husband picks out the cheeses when we go.
Before I met him I stuck to mozzerella, provolone, cheddar and of course American Cheese (still love white American cheese with all of my heart).
I don't know the name of the cheese that he buys (after the first use, I remove the packaging and put it in a ziplock bag) but I know it's not very expensive. He will buy a huge circle of that sheeps milk cheese for like $5.00 (and it's not expired!). If I bought it at a gourmet store it would probably sell closer to $20.00 to 30.00 at least. If I remember correctly they only sell one brand of the sheeps milk cheese at the European market. Also, the feta he buys comes in these tin containers still in the brine. I had no idea there were so many kinds of feta. Danish, French, Turkish, Greek, etc. Even though my husband is Turkish, my favorite is the French and Danish (the Danish one we buy is so creamy!)
All of it sure is good stuff. And what's great about it, a little goes a long way.
I used to eat massive portions of cheese, but the cheese he buys are so rich and creamy that I can only eat a little of it!
The name "Petit Basque" sounds divine. I'll be sure to tell my mom about it and I will keep my eye open for it when I go out of town. I think I love cheese just as much as I love chocolate and am always willing to try new kinds.

By the way, for some reason, I like stuff with the word "petit". I don't know why but I do :D

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:45 pm

My husband said today that I look thinner.
It made me very, very happy :D
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:30 am, edited 5 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:59 am

It's an S day Becky!!!
Woo hoo....

Don't worry about it... by the time we start to really over do it... Monday comes a knockin...

I ate a whole can of black olives today!
Great minds think alike!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:22 am

We olive eaters are pretty brilliant!
Hee hee

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Becky,

sorry I didn't catch up with you before - my, it's been a busy weekend for you, huh? :lol:

I wanted to add my congratulations on your 'no soda, no snacking, only 4 meals a day' triumph. That's a really big thing and job well done. You're right to give yourself a pat on the back - YOU ROCK! :D

Fantastic job.
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:35 pm

My husband said today that I look thinner.
It made me very, very happy
That's great Becky!!!
I find peoples compliments so rewarding at this point!
When we lose slowly, it creeps up (or down, I should say) and it's cool when someone who isn't staring and squinting to see the change (us) on a daily basis can help us see the big picture..
This plan is truly miraculous... It's always a win win situation with NoS!!!

Yay you!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:04 pm

1/23/06

Meal 1: water, 2 slices of left over pizza (topped with tomato, black olives and onions) from last night, black coffee

Meal 2: water, 1 slice of pork loin (about 3 ounces), 1/2 cup collard greens, 1/2 cup vegetable casserole, 1/2 of a roll with butter, 1/2 cup of applesauce, black coffee
I went to the cafeteria today and had lunch. Though the entire lunch meal and the bread were all on one plate, it was a big plate and double portions. I got a "to go" box and put half of everything in it and now I have lunch for tomorrow too!

Meal 3: water, 10 almonds, 5 dried plums

Meal 4: water, beef hotdog and feta cheese in a hoagie roll, 1/2 cup potato salad, 5 buffalo wings, 2 small pickles
(Believe it or not but it was all on one plate)

Dinner was large. I overloaded my plate. Bad Becky:(
I know today is an N day but I ate more that I usually do for both lunch and dinner :(
Last edited by 3aday on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:36 pm

1/24/06

Meal 1: water, Enlish muffin sandwich with 1 egg and 1 slice of cheese, small coffee with half and half and sugar

Meal 2: water, chicken and cheese quesadilla with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and 1/2 cup of applesauce.

Meal 3: water, cheeseburger on 1/2 of hoagie roll, potato salad, tomato salad, 5 dried plums
Last edited by 3aday on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Oh how I longeth for a prune!!!
My kingdom for a prune!!!
Maybe even four or five.... :lol:

Have a nice day Becky!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:13 pm

Possibly tonight with dinner I will have some.
Thanks for the reminder Deb!

David Lebovitz or Lebowitz has a food blog with some interesting prune recipes. Oh and lots of delicious pictures of food!
Last edited by 3aday on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:32 pm

1/25/06

Breakfast: water, full fat vanilla yogurt, toasted English muffin with butter and strawberry jam, 5 dried plums, black tea with 2 sugar packets

Lunch: water, grilled cheese and tomato on rye bread, cup of vegetable barley soup, cup of mixed fruit

Dinner: water, cheeseburger with mayonaise, mustard, ketchup, tomatoes and pickles, coleslaw, baked beans
(All one plate)
Last edited by 3aday on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JWL

Post by JWL » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:56 am

congrats on transitioning to 3 meals, Becky!

Keep it up, and ride your momentum. The longer you do this, the less you'll want to eat...
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:39 am

W000t! W000t!!!

This is MAJOR! That's great, Becky, I'm really happy you had such a good couple of days and made it to 3 meals :D

Wow. Fantastic job. You really rock!

C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:35 pm

Thanks!

1/26/06

Breakfast: water, hot cocoa (6 ounces whole milk, 2 tsps dark chocolate cocoa, 2 tsps sugar), enlish muffin toasted with butter and jam

Lunch: water, philly cheesesteak with extra tomato, banana, hot tea with 2 tsps sugar

Dinner: water, homemade tuna panini made with spices, mayonaise, provolone cheese and tomatoes on pita bread, and 5 dried plums

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:52 pm

1/27/06

Breakfast: Frosted shredded wheat cereal with milk, banana, coffee with whole milk and sugar

Lunch: 2 miniature pieces of french bread (they were tiny!) 1 slice of quiche made with gorgonzola cheese, peas, and onions, mixed spring salad with dijon vinaigrette, 5 dried plums, black tea with 2 tsps sugar
I resisted the dessert!!!! We went to a little French bistro for lunch today and the desserts were beautiful!

4:20 pm: Oy Vey! I am starving and getting hit with pastry and cookie temptations everywhere I go. Friend e-mailed me that he had a cookie for me. It was cute, it looked like a flower. Gave it to my friend :) Pastry's on someone's desk. Pastry's in the break room too. Pastry's at the empty table before my cube. The temptation is terrible today. Especially, since, even though the bistro served perfectly portioned food, I had increased the amount of food I was eating at each meal so I would not snack at all and the food from the bistro has left me hungry :(
(I have to say the food was really good, though!)
I want a lemon bar, really, really badly: (
I can't spell. Perhaps it's "pastries". Well, you know what I mean.

You know, I "Essed" without realizing it with my frosted shredded wheat cereal this am. :(

Dinner: 1/2 cup of lentil soup, English muffin with a hamburger patty, provolone cheese and tomatoes, 1/2 banana

Well, the pastries at the bistro this afternoon during lunch looked divine. My husband and I drove to the bistro after dinner and got two pastries. A white chocolate cream puff shaped like a swan and a fruit tart. My husband had the white chocolate cream puff and half the fruit tart and I look forward to eat the remaning half of the fruit tart for breakfast tomorrow on my S day!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:08 pm

S day!

You know, I was dying for a pastry last night.
At midnight, I was like "Oh, it's Saturday, I'll eat it now."
But, I didn't. I figured I should probably sleep from one day to the next before the S day festivities began!
I woke up this morning, opened the box...and wasn't in the mood for it.
My mouth was watering yesterday, but today, not so much.
The day is still young and I look forward to "Essing".
Just not sure what I want to S on today. Yet.

1/28/06

Breakfast: cup of frosted shredded wheat cereal with whole milk, whole milk latte with 2 tsps of sugar, 5 dried plums

Lunch: another cup of frosted shredded wheat cereal with whole milk, 5 dried plums

Piece of hard candy that was in the waiting room

Dinner: Classic single with cheese and regular size fries
I haven't eaten fries in a while and I was really looking forward to eating them when I got to Wendy's. They didn't taste good. They were cold and probably had been sitting out for awhile. However, I ate all of them. There was a shooting right behind my apt tonight and I couldn't go home until now. Didn't know what to do with myself so I went to eat at Wendy's (It was dinnertime and was told I couldn't go to my apt for quite a while). Hubby was stuck inside the apartment and I couldn't go in. I kind of just shoveled the fries into my mouth as I talked to friends and family on the cell phone. It was not attractive at all.
Last edited by 3aday on Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:17 pm

S day!

1/29/06

Breakfast: cup of frosted shredded wheat cereal with whole milk, english muffin with butter and jam, cup of tea with 2 sugars.

Snack: 5 dried plums

Lunch: chicken taquito dinner at Chili's. It came with 3 chicken and cheese taquitos, with a piece of grilled chicken topped with cheese and bacon over brown rice.

Snack: 1/2 of french pastry fruit tart, 2 pieces of dark chocolate

snack: 1/2 english muffin with nutella and 1/2 banana

Before bedtime snack! 2 pieces of dark chocolate

Pretty excessive S day for me. But, I can't fail on S days, right?
Last edited by 3aday on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:40 am

Your S day doesn't look so bad to me :) You're right that you CAN'T FAIL ON AN S DAY!!!

Good job on resisting all those temptations on Friday. That's really cool. 8)

C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Thanks Carolejo, my saving grace is that I can't fail on S days.
Sundays have always been eating events for me since I was a kid.
Mom wasn't working on Sundays so she would make a special breakfast, company came over so the chips and dip and nuts would be out, not to mention dinner. Or, mom used to cook for the week on Sundays so my dad and I would make her give us samples of everything! Old habits are tough to break.

1/30/06

Breakfast: 1 cup of cereal with whole milk, banana, black tea with 2 sugars

Lunch: 1 cheesebuger with tomatoes and pickles, banana, black tea with 2 sugars

Dinner: 1 cup rotini pasta with 1/2 cup ground turkey picadillo, 1 ounce of bread, 1/2 cup applesauce

Plus, 2 glasses of wine

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:53 am

Update: Too much wine

Had some friends come over last night and drank more wine.

As you can see from my posts, I rarely drink anymore. I didn't eat anything extra last night but I definately had too much wine. I am dying this morning.

I feel terrible this am.

I am so sad I have to go to work.

My pounding headache is calling me back to bed : (
Last edited by 3aday on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was ME on Sunday morning!!!

Oh well. Here's a little sympathy - not that you deserve it :!: :twisted:

C. 8)
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:22 pm

Carolejo, I don't deserve any sympathy today :oops:

I am hoping the aspirin kicks in soon.

Oh, and you know how I said I didn't eat anything extra last night? I had conveniently forgotten that I was really, really bad last night. I forgot I ate dry frosted shredded wheat cereal in the middle of the night. For some reason, I thought it was a dream but unfortunately, the box was on my nightstand. :oops:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:48 pm

Don't kick yourself!!!
And you and CJ can start an aspirin club together...

It's still Winter and think how easy it could be to just gain 10 lbs during these months...

You are not doing that and even if you just stay the same you will be ahead of the rest...

As Reinhard once said to me, and others here, in Winter "Stasis is a kind of progress of it's own.."

Have a great day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:10 pm

Don't panic!! One drunken mess-up does not constitute a major problem or a lack of commitment to NoS.

Pardon my French, but Shit Happens, right? :)

Hope you get your head back in gear as quick as poss. Try drinking some 50% orange juice and 50% water to rehydrate. It might help your head to clear a bit quicker.

C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:20 pm

Thanks for the advice, CaroleJo :D
I have been drinking alot of water this morning and I think that is helping me.
I did panic for awhile but I am over it now that I am feeling a little better.

Deb-
I didn't have to kick myself.
My hangover has been kicking me all morning! :D

I am going to get over this and think of last night off as a learning experience.

I could think of worse things I could have ruined my diet on. Red wine and plain frosted shredded wheats aren't as bad as other those things I suppose.

Oh, I can't even think of the word "club" right now.
My head feels like I have been clubbed! :wink:

I have to say, breakfast was not the "breakfast of champions" this am.
I gave in and got a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. I needed something greasy :twisted:

On a positive note, the frosted shredded mini wheats are gone so I won't be having them for breakfast on N days!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:25 pm

1/31/06

Breakfast: Lots of water, bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

Lunch: More water, roast beef and provolone sandwich with mayonaise, red onions, and tomatoes, fresh fruit cup (grapes, cantelope, and honeydew)

Dinner: Water, cup of chili, cheese fries, coleslaw

Well, obviously today was a bad day between too much wine last night, my middle of the night cereal issue, and my high fat nutritionally void day.
I am not going to worry about this, I rarely ever drink anymore (tolerance is gone), I don't have a habit of middle of the night snacking habit and am going to jump right back on track tomorrow. I only had 3 plates of food today. Not the best but hey, in the past, I would have probably drank soda from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. Plus, I resisted a milk shake at dinner tonight so I am proud of myself anyway. Learned several lessons today. I am just going to brush myself off and get back on the wagon. :oops:

Good news and bad news: I was down 16 pounds since November but after my disaster last night and today, I am up 4 pounds.
I was stoked that I had been maintaining after S weekends but these past 24 hours were pretty bad for me.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 am

2/01/06

Breakfast: water, 6 ounces full fat yogurt, 1/2 cup of granola, 5 dried plums, black tea with sugar

Midmorning: black tea with sugar

Lunch: water, 4 ryvita crackers, 2 ounces of extra sharp cheddar cheese, 1 ounce of peanuts, 1/2 cup of applesauce

Dinner: water, 1/2 cup of lentil soup, 1/2 cup of hamburger helper, 2 ounces of baguette with 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of applesauce, black tea with sugar

Lunch and Dinner were kind of snacky today...but it all fit on a dinner plate with the rim still visible...

:oops:
Last edited by 3aday on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:00 pm

DON'T PANIC! It just isn't biologically and physically possible to gain 4 pounds of FAT in a couple of days!!!!!!! :lol: This means it's probably mostly just water retention - your body reacting to the dehydrating effects of the alcohol by overdoing it and also probably the salty stuff you ate. Salt can make a HUGE difference to your weight.

Don't worry. Don't freak out. The Scale is NOT your friend!! It LIES. It CHEATS and what you weigh is much to general and variable thing to be a good judge of how your fat loss is going.

Don't try to lose weight. Try to lose FAT. There's a huge difference and most people seem to forget this.

C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Yes, yesterday was a greasy/salt fest for me.
I completely forgot I am supposed to lose fat and not weight.
Thanks!
The scale is the devil.
Last edited by 3aday on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Yay Becky!!!

After a salty greasy fest, like eating Chinese food or something (at least pre NOS) I would be able to go up about 5 lbs, just from water weight...

It can be wacky!!!
Just watchout that you keep your N days good and don't weigh more than once a week... Aaaaaaannnnnd... if you know you had a wild "fest" maybe skip the scale all together for a few weeks... This is such a downer to see a gain like that, and even with the brilliant reminder CJ gives, it's really hard not to have that spike seem discouraging...
Just stay off the scale till your eating levels out again and then check once you are several days past your salt fest!...

Have a nice day and congrats on your overall progress!!!!!
That's awesome!!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:39 am

:shock: OOOPS! Um, hubby came home late tonight. Fed him, sat with him but caved when I was putting the hamburger helper leftovers away. There was some stuck on the serving spoon and I ate what was on it before putting the spoon in the dishwasher. I know better than that....I am having quite an unsuccessful week I guess.

Nervous about tomorrow night. We are meeting some friends at Dave and Busters and I know people are going to be drinking and eating loads of appetizers. I am going to order myself a meal. I plan on arriving late and leaving early to avoid temptation since "tempestous non S'r" has been my middle name this last week.

I can assure you, without a doubt I will not drink any alcohol, I think I can even avoid the appetizers...however I am going to pray I don't impulsively order a soda.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:46 am

Hi Becky,

I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't worry about it. Those kinds of situations are always tough, especially at the beginning. Just do your best. Anything better than preNoS is a success of sorts, don't forget!

Have a good time out with your friends!
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:49 am

I ate what was on it before putting the spoon in the dishwasher. I know better than that....I am having quite an unsuccessful week I guess.
Becky! This certainly doesn't qualify you as having an unsuccesful week...
Now, eating the leftovers stuck to the whole pot, well, that would be a no no, but you have to focus on the whole day, not the one little thing you did wrong, with the licking the spoon! PS.. I have been subsisting on Hamburger helper this week... It was on sale at my supermarket and I've found a way of beefing it up and turning leftovers into two new dishes..
LOL... Hamburger helper soup, and Pad Thai Hamburger helper with veggies...

Good luck tomorrow! Enjoy yourself and don't have a soda!
Appetizers are okay if you then make sure your meal is very light and your appetizers could have fit on the plate...
Alcohol is fattening, but one glass of wine or beer doesn't disqualify you from being NoS successful... (though it may wilt your resolve on saying no to food and dessert!)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:38 pm

No alcohol for me tonight after Monday. I drank and woke up in the middle night and ate dry shredded wheat cereal! I didn't even really remember doing that except that the empty box was by my nightstand!

I'll remember the appetizer advice and have it all fit on one plate if I don't get my own meal.

Thanks again!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm

I know I haven't been perfect with No S lately...BUT...I am not giving up on it. I still think it's the best plan out there in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.
Last edited by 3aday on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 am

2/02/06

Not the healthiest of days (had a chai tea latte before the movies)...not perfect but slowly getting better. At least I am not eating the toasted garlic bread with mozzarella cheese that my husband is currently eating.

Breakfast: cereal with milk, 5 dried plums, coffee with nondairy creamer and sugar

Lunch: water, 1 cup of hamburger helper

Dinner: water, chicken fingers and french fries at Dave and Busters

Evening snack: 10 ounce chai tea latte made with skim milk :cry:

We hadn't planned on going to the movies after D and B but a friend gave us tickets to a movie and I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS get either nachos and a big soda or ice cream but I figured a skim milk chai tea latte would ward off those cravings. I should have had just plain tea with sugar but I didn't:oops:

Also, didn't have enough fruit or veggies today. :(

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:19 pm

2/3/06

Breakfast: cafe au lait (1/2 whole milk half sumatra dark roast, no sugar), everything bagel with cream cheese

Lunch: tuna sub with tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and olives, pickle, fresh fruit cup, plain black tea

Oh no! I had 2 mints without thinking about it until afterwards!
They are the kind that that are red and white and not sugar free
Someone at work has a really big container filled with them on her desk. Everyday I walk by them and don't eat them.
For some reason, today, I grabbed not one but two!
I went back and looked at the nutrion info.
Serving size 3 pieces/70 calories....
Even if the calories were zero I still feel bad about eating something between lunch and dinner :(

Dinner: hamburger helper, french bread, applesauce

Oy vey...two more mints after dinner

I went to the store and bought some

After this weekend...I plan on staying away from them completely....It's a promise I am making to myself.
Last edited by 3aday on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:16 am, edited 8 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Great job at the movies Becky!!! What did you go out to see? LOL..
Okay, a chai latte has some sugar, but not that much... So much better than having ice cream and nachos!

I was wondering why it would have been bad to have garlic bread with mozzarella? It sounds like a great meal to me....
Maybe you had your meal already?

It is allowed to have that kind of food on N days...

Have a nice day and keep up the great work!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:32 pm

I had already eaten dinner at D and B's so it would have been a second dinner and it was around 10:30pm so I didn't eat it but I wanted to.

But it smelled soooooooooooooooooo good.
The smell of garlic for some reason always makes me hungry.
I know this isn't going to make any sense, but even if I am full,when I smell garlic, my tummy feels empty. Wierd.

We saw Brokeback Mountain.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:18 am

I am happy tomorrow and Sunday are S days.

I need to stop half essing and get my act together.

But, I still want to pat myself on the back because my eating habits are getting "a little" better.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:20 pm

Saturday 2/4/06

Breakfast: frosted shredded wheat cereal, 5 dried plums, black tea

Lunch: 1 piece of borek (meat pattie in filo dough) 1 scoop of mashed potatoes, 1/2 stuffed cabbage roll, 1/2 cup goulash, 1/2 piece of bread to soak up the gravy from the goulash, 3 dried figs, black tea

Dinner: 1 overloaded plate from the buffet at the Middle Eastern restaurant plus dessert (baklava), black tea

Evening snack: Another piece of baklava

The Baklava was soooo good. Hubbie bought some to bring home when we went to dinner.

All in all, a good S day!
Last edited by 3aday on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:25 pm

Becky!!!!
Stop beating yourself up!
Sometimes you are only able to be "half essed" LOL...
Your efforts aren't going to go unrewarded!
We are all here to support each other, but in the final outcome, only you can really make those big and little choices to lead toward success, so you might as well be your best cheerleader too!

It's so easy for us to create a situation where we become our worst detractors instead of our best friends!
Keep chanting the positive and believing in yourself!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:51 am

OK, I deleted yesterday's post. I am going to continue to do what works for me and post away.

Yesterday I ate alot. Thank goodness it was an S day. I had a blast eating with my husband and I have no regrets!

So, here goes today's post.

2/06/06
B:2 scrambled eggs w/cheese, 2 slices of bacon
L:Chef Salad with ranch dressing
D:Bowl of Spinach ala Sam topped with plain yogurt(sauteed onions and garlic, ground beef, frozen spinach, diced tomato and whatever other spices he throws in) and 2 chunks of cheddar cheese.

Good N day! Lots of water!

Well, I had 2 starlight mints after 10pm :shock:

On to a new day...

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:33 pm

2/7/06

B:cereal with milk, coffee w/nondairy creamer and sugar
L:water, beef hotdog in a sesame seed white sub roll with tomatoes and feta, 5 dried plums, coffee/w/nondairy creamer and sugar
D:water, cup of chili, small cheeseburger, single order of cheese fries

Went to Steak and Shake with hubby and ate too much.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:27 pm

2/8/06

B: coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 cream and sugar/english muffin with egg and cheese
L: 2 southwestern type chicken egg rolls from the gas station, 2 tangerines, 1/2 cup applesauce, coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 cream and sugar(I was going to drink my coffee as a midmorning beverage because I was sooooo tired...but, I decided to wait and have it with lunch!)
D: Junky Dinner (1 large plate of nachos with chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and black olives, sour cream, salsa

I really need to get with the program!
I really was in the mood for nachos. I don't know why I am craving junky foods? Oh well, if at first you don't succeed...try, try again! :wink:
Last edited by 3aday on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi Becky!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just wanted to wish you a lovely day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:39 pm

Thank you Deb,
You too! :D

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:00 am

Hey Becky!

At least you had the nachos as dinner - there's nothing that says you have to eat healthy food ALL the time! :twisted:

I slipped up yesterday for real and had a load of icecream at 10:30pm *bad carole!*. Still. That was yesterday. This is today.

Keep on truckin!
Hope you have a great day today.
C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 pm

Today was better :D

2/09/09

b:1 cup cereal w/ cup milk, black coffee
l: 1 personal pizza topped with cheese spinach, tomatoes, olives, and onions, black coffee
d:chicken cutlet fried in canola oil and kentucky colonel seasoned flour, stove top herbed stuffing, green beans in olive oil with salt, pepper, and oregano, piece of bread with dinner

OK, I have a wake to go to tonight. Now, I am not trying to use this as an excuse and I know it is an N day, but I am not going to put any restrictions on tonight. The wake itself will be at a coffee house and we are celebrating his life. I want to focus on gaving thanks that I was blessed to know him and not on "I shouldn't drink this or that". I am not going with the intention of S'ing but if I do. Oh well. C'est la vie.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Update/well, I didn't worry about anything. I had 2 cups of herbal tea with honey and a sip of champagne when a toast was made to celebrate his life. I did however find myself eyeing the ENORMOUS piece of chocolate, cherry cake slathered in real whipped cream that my husband was eating. But, really food was not my number one priority while I was there and was able to resist the cake!

To life!
Last edited by 3aday on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:52 pm

That's right, Carole...keep on truckin!

I am going to keep on truckin too!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:16 pm

2/14/06

B:cup of cereal with milk, black coffee
L:1 styrofoam to go box from the China Buffet place. Very, Very, Very bad junky lunch. 3 cheese wontons, 3 pork dumplings, 4 spring rolls, 2 dynamite rolls, black pepper chicken, black coffee
No veggies and deep fried food. What is wrong with me? Why did I consciously choose to get a very unhealthy meal. I've had a couple of them this week :evil: I could have had some protein, pasta or rice, some veggies....but no. I filled my to go box with greasy junk :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I expect to get healthy shoveling nothing but crappy unbalanced meals into my mouth? How? How? How?

:?:

D:cup of barley and split pea soup, bread, cheddar cheese, greenbeans, eggplant, leftover stuffing (Everything fit on one plate)
Last edited by 3aday on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 pm

Hey Becky,

it's lunch! It's not a snack, it's not a bowl of icecream....
Yes, it's not the most ideal nutritionally balanced stuff in the world, but it's not illegal 8) Maybe in 10 years time they'll discover some amazing new 'must have' vitamin that can only be found in deep fried cheese wontons (Vitamin Wonton, anyone?) who knows? :lol: In the the meantime, that kind of food also belongs in a wide variety diet, every now and then. Besides, I bet the spring rolls contained some vegetables, so it could have been worse! :P

It's the day after the wake. Things are probably going to feel a little wierd for a while. That's how it is.

I think you're doing really well. You're a really strong person, you just don't know it yet :) Afterall, you turned down that cake last night when you didn't have to.

To Life.

I'll certainly drink to that.

C.
CaroleJo

iheartsamberg

Post by iheartsamberg » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:25 pm

Hey, I know how you feel! I often find myself after an unhealthy meal wondering why I didn't choose the carrots instead of the cake. But don't beat yourself up so much about it! Think of it as a learning experience, and try to remember what you are feeling right now. I know that whenever I beat myself up over a binge, I always feel that less motivated and wanting to do ANYTHING afterward. I try to make myself realize that I'm not perfect, and if I dwell on it, I can't get past it. I hope that things get better!! Don't sweat it :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:48 pm

Ditto!!!!

No more self reprimanding... Just learn from the experience and do better next time!
PS... CJ is right.. You didn't eat ice cream and donuts, so at least the baby wasn't thrown in with the bathwater...

I have had plenty of unhealthy meals, and still feel overall, I am a very healthy person... I bet my blood pressure and cholesterol are all real good.. I exercise.. I try to meditate...
I enjoy my food!
Don't set yourself up for disappointment by looking for every little wrong food choice.. Take it easy on your beat up self~~

See you later alligator!
ps... Sorry the food was so crappy! LOL....
Next time, find a good place! You deserve it!
:wink:

Love,
8) Deb

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:12 pm

Thank you so much for the uplifting remarks.
I felt remorse from lunch but I'm getting over it.....
I decided to have somewhat of a healthy dinner.

I went to the store and bough some split pea and barley soup mix, some eggplant, and some green beans. Now, only if I can make it edible! :oops:
The peas and barley are dried and there is a little seasoning packet that comes with it...hopefully, I won't mess it up

:wink:

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:53 pm

Another S day!
Yeah!

2/11/06
B:1/2 cup Ezekial cereal, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1 banana
S: 5 dried plums, 16 ounce cup of chamomile tea
L:1 cup of spicy red beans and brown rice, 1/2 cup of cinnamon applesauce
S: 5 dried plums, 16 ounce cup of peppermint tea
D:1 grilled black bean pattie, vegan potato salad, 2 pieces of pickled okra, 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
S: 1 big piece of raw carob dessert (it was made with carob, walnuts, almonds, and other things)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 4 handfuls of walnuts while wathing TV tonight!

I took today's S day as an experimental day, I wanted to know what it would be like to eat a meat and dairy free diet. Hubby and I went to the health food supermarket across town and pretty much enjoyed the healthy stuff we bought.
Last edited by 3aday on Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:09 am, edited 5 times in total.