Just past the 5 month mark...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ginmarie

Just past the 5 month mark...

Post by ginmarie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 pm

and going strong! I still love this way of eating, only now it's become such a habit that I seldom give it much thought, hence fewer posts. :)

Last week something happened that ended up being a positive reminder for me of the power of this eating plan. The previous weekend I had had no S's but not on purpose, just happened that way, no big deal and I didn't give it much thought. Wednesday Dh and I ended up at a local restaurant for a business meeting, not dinner, just meeting over dessert and coffee, I decided to have a piece of lemon pie. It was good! And I didn't feel a bit of guilt. I didn't even engage in rationalizing because I didn't realize until after that it was my first sweet in over 10 days. Actually I ended up feeling a sense of empowerment to know I could choose to say yes, knowing that eating this wouldn't "undo me" and that I could continue on as before, saying no to the next opportunities to break No S. It worked out just that way. The rest of the week was normal. Not once did I even think the word fail, because I realized later, it didn't matter. If it was, oh well, and if it wasn't oh well. It was the exact like the birthday party I was at the week before only in reverse. It was a non relative party, definitely not a special event. I passed up punch, ice cream and cake and it was NOT hard and I didn't feel like a hero or anything. Just normal. Both events just felt normal - Kinda nice that.

I suppose this is the power of habit. Of course I don't intend to start allowing deviations from the flight plan. I like the steady, healthy, energetic feeling I get from eating sanely, I like the fact that my excess weight is coming off the same way it went on, slowly and steadily, I like it that something in my body has switched, and I very seldom get hungry before regular mealtimes, even when my last meal was not a winner. I like that if I do end up hungry because I ate dumb at my last meal, I can ignore it and before I realize it, it's the lunch or dinner and I forgot about it. I like that actually, I don't think about food much at all outside of fixing and eating meals. I like being in healthy control.

Yes to No S :)
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)

J Ellis

Post by J Ellis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your success in making this way of eating a lifestyle.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, ginmarie! Nice post!! Glad No S is suiting you so well.

Your current weight is where I would dearly love to be right now. I'm not sure when and if I ever will get there, but with No S I am gradually gaining confidence in my ability to make better dietary choices. AND the best thing is, in the most painless and sensible manner ever invented.

Also - It's v interesting to see that your starting weight is more or less where I am weight wise right now.

Have a great Friday!!
:D
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

veggirl1964

Post by veggirl1964 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 pm

That is awesome to hear and gives me hope!!

ginmarie

Post by ginmarie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:58 pm

NoSRocks wrote:CONGRATULATIONS, ginmarie! Nice post!! Glad No S is suiting you so well.

Your current weight is where I would dearly love to be right now. I'm not sure when and if I ever will get there, but with No S I am gradually gaining confidence in my ability to make better dietary choices. AND the best thing is, in the most painless and sensible manner ever invented.

Also - It's v interesting to see that your starting weight is more or less where I am weight wise right now.

Have a great Friday!!
:D
You WILL get there! I know this should be a no brainer but it just hit me recently how silly I was to expect the weight to come off faster than it went on. I mean, it crept up on me, a little bit here, a little bit there and really it only seemed sudden that I looked in the mirror one day and there the chubby version of myself was. So slow and steady wins the race. :)
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 am

Ginmarie...

Thank you so much for posting. I LOVE reading success stories & your journey definitely falls in that category.

Janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:40 am

Ginmarie
I totally agree that you know you have made a significant change when you can enjoy a treat without guilt and know that it will not totally derail you. That is how "normal" people eat!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

determined

Post by determined » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 pm

r.jean wrote:Ginmarie
I totally agree that you know you have made a significant change when you can enjoy a treat without guilt and know that it will not totally derail you. That is how "normal" people eat!
I wanna be normal too! What a great goal!!!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh