Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shovelglove Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Shovelglove Program Reply with quote

I have been using exercises from Combat Conditioning by Matt Furey to reinforce my No S Diet commitment, but I am looking forward to trying out the Shovelglove Exercise Routine. This whole program of the No S Diet, the Shovelglove Exercise Routine, and the Urban Ranger program is outstanding and unbeatable for anyone who is serious about losing and maintaining their proper weight. Best regards, Bob
david

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I think you are completely right about the NoS/Shovelglove/Urban Ranger trifecta. It is certainly working nicely for me. I think that these are simple, powerful ideas--this usually means most people will dismiss them outright! (I'm glad you and I aren't most people.)

thanks,
David
Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, David! This program for free is better than most of the programs on the market, some at very high prices, and this program is very realistic as it encompasses both the diet and exercise aspect of losing weight, and without the nuisance of counting calories or special diets. This program is a Godsend. Best regards, Bob
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Good luck! Reply with quote

The combat conditioning book is pretty good, and Hindu pushups and situps are a mainstay for me. SG rounds it out nicely. Good luck!
gratefuldeb67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This program is a Godsend. Best regards, Bob

Amen!!!!

Long live the NOS Revolutionaries!!!!!
All hail the beloved and genius Reinhard!
LOL...

Peace and Love,
Cool Deb
JWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

my own program is quite similar. I do the trifecta, along with what I call "yoga", since most of Furey's program is derived from Yoga.

But yes, Hindu squats rock my world, and I'm just starting to be able to do Hindu pushups; what I do now is just move from "downard dog" (the starting position of a Hindu pushup) to "upward dog" (the ending position of a Hindu pushup) in as many reps as I can manage.

I also have been experimenting with the "wheel" (Furey's bridge), and have just now been able to lift my head off the ground. This is compounded by the fact that my apartment has hardwood floors; I need to wait until I'm at a friends' on carpeting to attempt it comfortably.

I also do a lot of the moves that are in Furey's Combat Abs book, which are also derived from Yoga and Tai Chi.

But yes, all together they are a very valuable program, that clearly produce results. Much better than going to a gym!

Good luck with it
Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy the exercises in Combat Conditioning. I also do some exercises from Dynamic Tension, The Charles Atlas Course. I take it real easy on doing the neck bridges, though, as I still use hand support. I think it's all in my head, and that in time I will do a full neck bridge. Best regards, Bob
david

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakwitch,

You may like this series as an alternative to Hindu Pushups:

http://www.trainforstrength.com/ex-9.shtml

thanks,
David

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: