Niruma Progress Log

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

niruma

Niruma Progress Log

Post by niruma » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:47 am

Hi,

I am Niruma, attempting weight loss.. This is the second cycle of 21 days that i am trying (first one had couple of slip ups).

My Stats are as below.

Start - 210 Pds
Current - 198 Pds

Short term Goal - Valentines - 194 Pds or less
Long term Goal - Around 132 Pds.

Other Goals

To drink atleast 1.5 Litres water everyday.
To Walk for atleast 20 Mins everyday for 5 days a week.

My logging in of statistics will begin starting today..

End of 21 days is on 04 Feb 2006
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:38 am

NS Cycle Begins from Today - 16 Jan 2006

End Date - Feb 05 2006

Target Weight Loss - 5 Pds

Weight Loss by Valentines..
Regards,
Uma

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:56 am

Hi! Good luck.

I prefer to think about eating better as the goal at the moment, with perhaps weight loss as a side effect.

niruma

Post by niruma » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:25 am

Date : 16 Jan 2006

Funny Stuff: Fed chochlate to my kid but didnt eat any. But find it tempting to go for second servings ....

Stevens: Thanks for the nice words- you are right about eating good - but numbers always sound interesting right so i thought i will give myself a goal :P
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:39 am

Date : 17 Jan 2006

Funny Stuff: ate some snacks at around 4:30 in the evening. I feel hungry at that time. Shall try and keep away from them or grab a fruit.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:39 am

Date : 18 Jan 2006

Funny Stuff: Was fine yesterday - ate fruit (one Orange) in the evening to curb hunger.
Regards,
Uma

SilentButDeftly

Post by SilentButDeftly » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:40 pm

Hi Niruma:

I love the ticker there -- I just might end up stealing (er, "borrowing") the same idea for my check-in. Keep up the good work!
"I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean, S-M-A-R-T! I am so smart!"

niruma

Post by niruma » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:52 am

Hey Thanks,

For the complement on the ticker.

you could get em for free on the site www.tickerfactory.com

Its a cools site

Status - OFF TRACK

Me am really stressed at work and with some personal issues - so i have been off track for about 2-3 days . Plan to start doing it right today.

My day 22/Jan/06 begins now. I want to do it well.

Lets hope i can pull it off without any temptations.
Regards,
Uma