Heather's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

hknight

Heather's Daily Check-In

Post by hknight » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:18 am

I just started this lifestyle change on Jan 20th at 11:17 P.M. My best friend Becky recommended it. I am going to need a lot of help to do this but I know she will be there for me and hopefully so will everyone else. Wish me luck!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:19 am

Hello Heather and welcome to sanity!

Hope you have as much success with this as I have.
C.
CaroleJo

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:40 pm

Hi Heather! It's Becky!!! Just wanted to say I am so proud of you for taking this first step. Of course, I'll be here you for you and everyone on the board is very, very supportive. I think you are going to like No S!
Miss ya and love ya.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Welcome Heather!
You'll enjoy the feeling of being in control, without being overcontrolled..
I don't know how much you want/need to lose, or if you just want to maintain, but this plan works...
It takes patience and you should exercise in some form or another, at least four or five days a week, but the diet part is really sensible and becomes like a reliable friend in it's own right..
Enjoy the group!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

PS.. Becky is a sweetie and a fun new friend too!!