Back on the No S Wagon!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CarrieAnn

Back on the No S Wagon!

Post by CarrieAnn » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:15 pm

Hello all!
I was going to start the new year with going back on No S, but I came down with something and was sick for over two weeks :( Now starting tomorrow Jan. 22nd I will be back on No S and I am determined to stay :D

I've missed ya all and hope everyone is having a good 2006 so far!

Hugs!
CarrieAnn

P.S. Since I am now working outside the home during the week, I will probably be posting on Saturdays or Sundays.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:20 pm

Good for you!
Glad you are feeling better.

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Thank you 3aday! :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:57 am

Hi Carrieann!

I was just wondering, less than one day ago, whether you would pop in to say "Hi" again, or whether you were gone for good... LOL..

I even thought of writing you a private message...
Guess you got my psychic vibes to return to us!!!

Ain't that a trip!

Happy you are back..
Hugs!
8) Deb