All-Fruit Jellies?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

All-Fruit Jellies?

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue May 10, 2005 4:05 pm

I suppose that putting jelly/jam/preserves on breakfast toast is something to be reserved for an S day because of the sugar content. But how about Polaner All-Fruit or Smucker's All Fruit? They are sweetened with fruit juice only, no sugar added, no artificial sweeteners, either. Legal on no-S days?

jools

all fruit jellies

Post by jools » Tue May 10, 2005 5:28 pm

Hi Jan :) They are absolutely okay- I love the apricot one by polaner. i actually found that one when i was on another diet years ago. just keep being smart- checking those labels- remember we aren't counting carbs or anything for that matter so just avoid the fructose-sucrose etc...those oses are bad except on SS days of course- :P

Some might say you are only feeding your sugar craving- because it is so sweet- but everything in time and if all fruit jam keeps you on track then thats great. you do whats necessary for you and you alone- we are all in different situations-have a great day

enjoy

Jools

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue May 10, 2005 7:26 pm

Actually, I was just wondering about this in a general sense. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and even Polaner is too sweet for me at breakfast. Orange juice, and sometimes a piece of fresh fruit, is very satisfying, along with the usual egg and toast.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 11, 2005 2:42 am

This is one of those borderline issues that probably isn't a problem for most of us and shouldn't be worried about disproportionately. I'd say don't worry about a bit of jam on your breakfast toast unless you're doing everything else perfectly and you need to go an extra step. I've been known to have jam on toast for breakfast on N-days. I view it as analogous (and roughly calorically equivalent) to sugar in coffee (which I don't do myself, but offically OK on the home page). On the other hand, if you think it's going to be a slippery slope of sweetness, by all means wait till you've got the habit down before attempting.

A good general policy for borderline foods is don't have them often so you don't have to take an absolute stand. It's so easy to resolve more than you can do, so resolve sparingly.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed May 11, 2005 11:27 am

"It's so easy to resolve more than you can do, so resolve sparingly."

Yes, and that applies to every area of life, I think.