kcin49's daily checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kcin49

kcin49's daily checkin

Post by kcin49 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:46 am

Day 12 - success
Day 13 - S-day
Day 14 - S-day
Day 15 - success
Am very happy with my progress to date. Didn't pig out too much on my S-days.
NikC

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:51 pm

Good for you!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

kcin49

Kcin's daily check in

Post by kcin49 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:08 am

Day 16 - Success
:D
NikC

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:26 am

Day 16 - SuccessDay 17 - Success
Day 18 - SuccessDay 19 - Success
Day 20 - S Day
Day 21 - S Day
YIPEEEEE!!!!! I did it. Now if I can just learn not to vertical stack, I'll be happy. Lost 2.7 kgs in 3 weeks, without really trying. No shovelglove, but walking 4-5 days per week, 4 kms.
Day 22 - Success
Day 23 - Success
Day 24 - Failure :cry: - morning tea and too much lunch - but I'll perservere. Back on track already - hanging out for dinner.
I'm trying to cut down on my alcohol consumption - tres difficult! Love my red wine. This really needs to become an s day treat for me, but I have to work up to it. I'm trying. Vertical stacking continues to be a prob - feast before the famine.
NikC

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:44 am

vertical stacking?

smaller plate, bit higher pile?

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:20 am

Not doing so well today. Failure in fact. :( But I'll be back on track tomorrow, then S days. :D :D :D
Thanks Pete, vertical stacking on a smaller place is a good idea. It'd be good just to SEE the plate through the food. I'll get there.
NikC

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:17 am

since my last checkin I have had a great weekend with family visits, but lots of food and drink - allround great fun. But have hit major low this week, how to cope with depression etc .....
Anyway, I wil keep going and trying but not doing so good. My way of coping with probs is eat/drink etc.
Keep going, each day try again !!! :D
NikC

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:19 pm

Bugger! Though hanging with the family is always more fun with some grub.

I'm doing well with not eating at the moment, what with random stomach pains after I eat and all... You want it? :D

I find with depressions, it's best to fill them in with some good soil, and then top with turf.

Unless you're not talking about depressions in the lawn? :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:08 pm

Try to have one good day...
Don't worry about it being perfect... We don't need or want perfection...
Who needs that?
Try to have a decent day... This should help to create a happy cycle instead of a vicious one...
Just forgive yourself and good for you for recognizing that you are trying to fix your sadness with food.. this isn't uncommon, but it obviously isn't going to help...
Just try your best... If you are trying, you can't be unhappy with that...
Even if it's not perfect... Only when we don't try anything, do we stay where we don't want to be... Setbacks are an inevitable part of our journey, and people who aren't going anywhere don't have setbacks..
So embrace where you are today and just relax... Be gentle on yourself for whatever screwups occur... You know why they are happening and consider yourself lucky that you aren't in denial!

Keep trying and you will turn this all around...
I also wrote to you on my own thread Nicky..
And,,,,, I have an old thread too on the "Off topic" section about coping with depression.. You might have to search for it a bit.... Perhaps some of the replies from people who wrote on that, including our lovely Reinhard, will be of help to you today..

Keep on truckin!!!
Love,
8) Deb

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:21 am

Can't believe almost a week's gone by! Thanks guys for your support. Makes a hell of a difference.
Had an off and on kinda week with no exercise, but I seem to have gained back my determination, and had a great day today with a 45 minute walk at the end of it. So back on track!!
Hey Pete, I let my husband deal with those sort of depressions! :D Green days instead of blue?
NikC

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Can't believe it's almost a month since my last check in. Makes me aware of how important it is to keep in touch with NoS home and to maintain the support I get from reading all your posts. Can't do it on my own! Even though I haven't been checking in and have been off the rails a bit, every time I think about food I equate it with NoS - that's got to be a good thing. Even on my off days I have been sticking pretty well to NoS. It certainly controls what I eat.

I had a quick glance through some of the posts tonight and realise how much I've missed them. I'm off on holidays next week for three weeks so probably won't be able to check in too often, but NoS will be going with me! And I'll be back.

For all you people suffering from SAD in the US winter, I'll be in tropical Port Douglas in North Queensland, Australia, soaking up the sun (and humidity!) I'm going up to visit my daughter, husband and beautiful grandson and am so looking forward to it. Haven't seen them since September last year. My little grandson will have his first birthday while I am up there. I also have another grandson turning 1 before I leave, and another after I get back. Must be some kind of record!

Missed you all.
NikC