Sonya's checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Well done, Sonya! :D
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
3.3.19 114.5lbs

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Nice work! It's a good feeling to look forward to a few tasty treats on a weekend :)

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 am

Monday was red- just didn't manage to get it back after the weekend. Committed to a green Today!!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 am

Kind of a rough week for eating, due to boredom and being at home too much. Will enjoy the sweekend, and start fresh on Monday!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Getting over a killer cold and sore throat here, 3.5 weeks in.
Am working on keeping to a 3 meal schedule. My electric frying pan died, so I am making do on an enameled pan on 1 electric burner.
I shared dessert with a friend at lunch, so today is red, but generally I've been doing pretty well. I'm down 9# from a super high weight after the holidays.
-Sonya

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:28 am

It's coming up on two months since we heard from you. No news is good news?
Count plates, not calories. Three a day. 9 years & counting
Age 65
SBMI Jan/10-30.8
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.