Ready to take the 3 meal a day plunge....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3aday

Ready to take the 3 meal a day plunge....

Post by 3aday » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:26 pm

Currently I have been doing the 3 meals plus a planned mini meal in the mid afternoon.
I am trying to take the leap from 4 to 3.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:34 pm

You sound like your are headed into unknown waters!!! LOL..

Don't beat yourself up if it takes a little time to get comfortable with this...
I think you should also plan an afternoon beverage or something to help keep your blood sugar stable.. Maybe a glass of oj or some
Prune juice!!!
LOL..

Try not to leave too many hours between lunch and dinner... if necessary, make lunch later.. It's really hard preparing dinner when you are totally famished...
Don't let that happen.. and if necessary, see steps above..

Hee..
Have a great day Becky!!
Peace and Plungers!!!
8) Deb

Shameless Hussey

Post by Shameless Hussey » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:00 pm

I went directly from permasnacking to 3 meals a day. I made sure I had PLENTY of food on my single plate for every single meal.

This had the dual purpose of physically meeting (or more than meeting) my body's nutritional requirements, and meeting my emotional need of knowing that, even though I was "only" eating three times a day, I was eating "enough."

I also decided to end each meal with a piece of fruit, to give myself something sweet three times a day, and to give myself a firm "ending" to each meal.

As weeks passed, the amounts of food at any given meal have decreased, without my giving it a lot of attention. As the saying goes, establish the habit, then refine!

You can do it! :D

JWL

Post by JWL » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:59 pm

Yes, you can do it. You might want to consider relaxing portion restrictions for a time, but only allowing yourself to eat 3x per day. Until you get used to it, then reassert the 3 plates of food per day.

Good luck! You can do it! I do 2 meals per day, so I have no doubt....
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net