Shovelglove Program

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Traveler

Shovelglove Program

Post by Traveler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:38 am

I have been using exercises from Combat Conditioning by Matt Furey to reinforce my No S Diet commitment, but I am looking forward to trying out the Shovelglove Exercise Routine. This whole program of the No S Diet, the Shovelglove Exercise Routine, and the Urban Ranger program is outstanding and unbeatable for anyone who is serious about losing and maintaining their proper weight. Best regards, Bob
Health Is The Greatest Wealth

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:47 pm

Bob,

I think you are completely right about the NoS/Shovelglove/Urban Ranger trifecta. It is certainly working nicely for me. I think that these are simple, powerful ideas--this usually means most people will dismiss them outright! (I'm glad you and I aren't most people.)

thanks,
David

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:12 pm

Right on, David! This program for free is better than most of the programs on the market, some at very high prices, and this program is very realistic as it encompasses both the diet and exercise aspect of losing weight, and without the nuisance of counting calories or special diets. This program is a Godsend. Best regards, Bob

Kevin

Good luck!

Post by Kevin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:03 pm

The combat conditioning book is pretty good, and Hindu pushups and situps are a mainstay for me. SG rounds it out nicely. Good luck!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:33 pm

This program is a Godsend. Best regards, Bob
Amen!!!!

Long live the NOS Revolutionaries!!!!!
All hail the beloved and genius Reinhard!
LOL...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

JWL

Post by JWL » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi Bob,

my own program is quite similar. I do the trifecta, along with what I call "yoga", since most of Furey's program is derived from Yoga.

But yes, Hindu squats rock my world, and I'm just starting to be able to do Hindu pushups; what I do now is just move from "downard dog" (the starting position of a Hindu pushup) to "upward dog" (the ending position of a Hindu pushup) in as many reps as I can manage.

I also have been experimenting with the "wheel" (Furey's bridge), and have just now been able to lift my head off the ground. This is compounded by the fact that my apartment has hardwood floors; I need to wait until I'm at a friends' on carpeting to attempt it comfortably.

I also do a lot of the moves that are in Furey's Combat Abs book, which are also derived from Yoga and Tai Chi.

But yes, all together they are a very valuable program, that clearly produce results. Much better than going to a gym!

Good luck with it
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:15 am

I really enjoy the exercises in Combat Conditioning. I also do some exercises from Dynamic Tension, The Charles Atlas Course. I take it real easy on doing the neck bridges, though, as I still use hand support. I think it's all in my head, and that in time I will do a full neck bridge. Best regards, Bob

david

Post by david » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:51 pm

Freakwitch,

You may like this series as an alternative to Hindu Pushups:

http://www.trainforstrength.com/ex-9.shtml

thanks,
David