Adding an AVATAR

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KrazyKat

Adding an AVATAR

Post by KrazyKat » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:31 pm

How does one go about adding an AVATAR to their messages? Does one have to "pre-shrink" the image to meet the conditions stated on here or does it happen automatically? and then Upload? What does the Img* button do? All I see happening is that the text name shows up when I hit that button here.
Kat :oops: [/img]

piratejenny

Has to be a tiny image

Post by piratejenny » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:29 pm

KK,
You can add an avatar image on your Profile page. And yes, you do have to "pre-shrink" it, but that's super easy with a program such as Photoshop, which I have. If you want to send me your image, I'll shrink it to the proper dimensions for you. piratejenny76 at gmail dot com!
:) Jen

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:09 am

Yes, Krazycat, you have to preshink. It's a tad irritating, I know, but the server would fall to it's knees if everybody started loading up 8 megapixel panoramas.

The img button gives you a bit of "bbcode" that you can edit by inserting a url to display an image. If you hover your mouse over the button it should show you the syntax. For your image to have a url, you'll have to have your image uploaded to a website somewhere. I haven't tried it, but people seem to like flickr for this.