Prepare for new traffic - Lifehacker just posted about SG

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
kellenheller

Prepare for new traffic - Lifehacker just posted about SG

Post by kellenheller » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:03 pm

Somebody tipped off Lifehacker about ShovelGlove. Prepare for new members :)

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/diy/ ... 151127.php
ping

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:12 pm

That article was hilarious and pretty cool!
Our leader, clad in his pajamas, rocks the fitness world!!!

Yay Reinhard!

Thanks KH...
Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:24 am

Very cool. Thanks for the comment there, by the way.

8wheels

Re: Prepare for new traffic - Lifehacker just posted about S

Post by 8wheels » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:02 am

kellenheller wrote:Somebody tipped off Lifehacker about ShovelGlove.
Delurking for just a moment to reflect on those humbugger naysayer commenters over there. Isn't it interesting to observe those who know not of which they speak?

BTW, I learned of SG from a post on MetaFilter on NYE and by 2:00 the next day I was shuggin away, but not because there were any grand NY Resolutions - I knew instantly it was the thing for me and haven't missed a day since. Must be a real dork to spend NYE reading the EDS Forums, huh? ;)

Along with shuggin I'm doing some pretty cool lightweight complimentary stuff which I'll post about soon.

So, good to delurk and thank you all for the invention, ideas and inspiration!

Chuck

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:19 pm

Thanks and welcome, Chuck.

I particularly love this humbugger naysayer comment:
You know, all that effort he spent driving to the hardware store, looking for the right stuff, and then assembling it seems like more work than just driving over to the gym and getting started.
I walked a block, bought a sledgehammer, and wrapped a sweater around it. Hard work! Granted coming up with the idea took a little thinking, but most new ideas do.

On balance I'm very happy with the article, comments, emails, and traffic it brought in.

Looking forward to hearing about your complimentary stuff,

Reinhard

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:41 pm

Reinhard, you have a great program that is easy to follow with no special exercise mumbo jumbo, and that is totally affordable, and in 14 minutes you can complete quite a workout, making it as intense as you like it. This program with its diet, walking program, and sensible exercise is unbeatable, totally doable with no complex theories. Best regards, Bob
Health Is The Greatest Wealth

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:10 pm

Lets all gang up on those naysayers and find out where they live.. :twisted:
(Cue fantasy sequence with all of us dressed up in various Nordic and Middle earth like costumes waving our shovelgloves in a row, like in some scene from braveheart! LOL...)

That comment was ridiculous! What a bozo that guy is!!!!
And if you try to read his blog, from that link, don't wait too long to get two things..
1. An industrial sized bottle of advil, and
2. A large bucket in which to throw up...

Some people in society are just leeches! Clearly that's what this guy is about.... I'm gonna kick his boring and uncreative ass if I ever find out where he lives!!!! :twisted:

Not to mention that buying a 30 dollar sledge is probably half of what their gym charges for only one month of workouts...
What a moron!

Long live the Glove,
8) Deb