Stomach shrinking?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Älskling

Stomach shrinking?

Post by Älskling » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:58 am

OK. This is strange. Today I've been stuffed after all three meals. Actually I felt stuffed before I finished my food but since I HAVE to clean my plate so I keep eating. Breakfast was not unusually large but I did put a little more than usual on my plate for lunch (more than usual before NOS). I think my dinner portions were pretty reasonable too (8 oz. or so of cod, 1/2 cup of collards & 1/2 potato, 1/2 turnip and 1/2 carrot and some baby romaine with a tiny bit of ranch dressing.) The salad did not fit on the dinner plate, however. I'm really pretty uncomfortable right now...

Could it be that even though I'm eating large meals, that my stomach is shrinking between meals? Maybe snacking all day long never lets your stomach return to normal size?

Maria

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:25 am

That happened to me by the end of the first four days or so....

Congrats on your appetite normalizing!!!
Have a great weekend darling Maria...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:00 am

Hi Maria.

I'm sure that Reinhard in his infinite wisdom will come across an article either proving or disproving the stomach shrinking theory. Personally, I think that stomachs can stretch. Think about people who have gastric bypass surgery: their stomachs are made to the size of a small vial and yet many of them gain weight back because the eat too much and stretch out their stomachs again. So who knows?

I know from experience that snacking all day never allowed me to actually get hungry. Now, I am hungry about every 4 hours or so.

So, let's hear it for shrinking stomachs, particularily on the outside!!! :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend. Dru