An enthusiastic hello!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
jwdillon1s

An enthusiastic hello!

Post by jwdillon1s » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:01 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my enthusiasm for this fan-effing-tastic excercise program. I ran across it purely by accident and have done it for the past two days (with the addition of some extra-wide pushups, some squats, and some pullups to supplement). It's just great! My normal regimine includes pushups, pull ups and squats (occasional crunches, but lord do I hate those), and this is just a twenty-fold improvement. It feels fantastic and it works SO MANY MUSCLES. I actually love me some farm chores, but, living in the city, I seldom have the opportunity. My family burns a small quantity of firewood each year, and I relish the rare occasion when I actually get to split some wood. I never thought to emulate these activities indoors! I can't tell you how excited this has got me. I'm hooked!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Welcome, jwdillon1s!

I'm sorry our welcome hasn't been as enthusiastic as your hello (or at least prompt). I've been pretty distracted with the kids starting school, my wife starting a new job (4th grade teacher -- VERY full time!), and taking a class myself for the first time in a decade.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying shovelglove so much and I promise to be more present here now that things are settling down a bit.

Reinhard