Weekly routines

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
JWL

Weekly routines

Post by JWL » Wed May 11, 2005 4:02 pm

I have been thinking about weekly routines. On Monday when I did the shovelglove routine, I felt strong as I'd been resting for 2 days. So my SG routine was quite vigorous. Yesterday, however, I was not quite as energetic so I did the routine more slowly, almost like I was doing Tai Chi or something.

So that contrast, along with the idea of doing a "Thor's Hammer" scenario on Thursdays, made me wonder if any of the experience SGers out there have some sort of routine that they vary throughout the week.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 12, 2005 12:08 pm

I like the idea: routined variety. But I've gotten so accustomed to my daily routine that I'm not tempted to fix it if it ain't broke. I'm curious what other people think, though. It might be a good way to get some of those scenarios people have posted in without too much brain wracking every morning.

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Thu May 12, 2005 5:53 pm

Hmm...so far the only thing I vary in my routine is the order in which I do the movements. I've pretty much settled on the numbers (100 shovels each way, 50 wood chops each way, maybe 50 churns TOTAL - this is still a struggle - and somewhere around 60 squats total, which is also a struggle). But the order that I do these things pretty much depends on my mood. This routine wipes me out completely, but doesn't leave me in pain the next day, so it seems like the right amount for me. Sorry, I know this doesn't correlate much to your question. Maybe you could find several scenarios (with associated routines) that appeal to you and do one of them each day?