Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healthyskillz' Check In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
healthyskillz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Healthyskillz' Check In Reply with quote

I'm in it not to lose weight but to break the bad habit of binging which I have been struggling with for over 10 years.

JULY 2017
Green days: 11
Yellow (NWS): 5 (vacation)
Red: 2
Black (binge): 3

This is great considering I binged every other day November 2016! Thanks to No S and also therapy.

Blog >> healthyskillz . tumblr . com <<

Last edited by healthyskillz on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
healthyskillz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUGUST 2017
Green days: 15
Yellow (NWS): 4 (vacation)
Red: 3
Black (binge): only 1!!!Mr. Green

I am so happy![/b]

healthyskillz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N days are going okay, but S days tend to get pretty gluttonous so I want to post my S-s here to stop them from evolving into full blown binges!

(My weekends are from Friday 5 pm till Sunday 5 pm. During the weekend I stick to my 3 meal structure so I will merely post the extras I enjoy.)

Friday
After dinner - 2 pcs of Toblerone
9:15 pm - 3 scoops soy ice cream mixed with 3 ground Ginger Nut cookies in a cone (So good!); 2 handfuls of potato chips (can't resist when Hubby is sitting next to me on the couch eating them!)

oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that separating the red days from black events is a good idea. I still binged a lot on weekends but otherwise I was 100% compliant my first three months. I felt like a success just from that. Not bingeing those 5 days a week was a godsend.

I've still never been able to get myself to record my S days.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but harder to maintain)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
healthyskillz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, seperating red days from black days helps me to stop eating when I feel like a failure for not complying to No S. It was 2 weeks ago when I had a second on an N day and just gave up and ate like EVERYTHING in sight, that I realized: those moments are the most important! When I feel like I am no longer in control over the things in my life or make a mistakes, that's when I should just shrug it off and not dig myself a deeper hole, so to speak...

And about recording the S days, major step for me but reading about others who do it is a true inspiration. I am curious to see how long I will be able to keep it up, though. I have S days where I am really too embarrassed to record everything I ate....

oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess one of the ways recording keeps people from eating more IS that feeling that they don't want to see all they've eaten in writing. Or others to see it, but apparently, it works even if it's private. But it's pretty easy not to do it when it would look pretty bad, when I just want to stay in denial.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but harder to maintain)
Dec/17 23.8

healthyskillz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for me it's about being honest with myself, when I stop doing that, that's when I keep going back to the pantry getting cookie after cookie hehe Laughing

So far today (Saturday):

12pm - small cookie when we went out for coffee
2pm - second & third @ lunch: Dutch biscuit w chocolate sprinkles, small slice buttered bread w honey, pce of dark chocolate

Every weekend I am amazed with the amount of food I can eat in one sitting compared to the much smaller but still satisfying amounts on N days!

Tonight we have a potluck at friends' so let's see how that goes. I'm bringing vegan lentil rolls and maybe some fruit & salad.

oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For early humans, it was a blessing that they could eat in varying amounts. If they couldn't have stood getting darn full sometimes, well, we probably wouldn't be writing here or doing anything else human. The planet would just be peacefully spinning along.
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

healthyskillz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so yesterday was... Well, i ate A LOT. And i didnt feel too great about it. But that's how 99% of my Saturdays have been since No S. On Friday i choose a special treat which i enjoy. When saturday comes around, well, i'll start out with regular meals but after lunch i'll have a snack anywau, now that it's allowed. A cookie here, a cookie there...

So after my post yesterday i had another 3 cookies... And as a snack/taste one of the lentil rolls i made (i was pretty full after and felt quite disgusting). That was around 4:30pm.

At 7:30 we went over to friends. With these friends we all bring food along and play games. I had 2-3 cookies and a small cake besides dinner (i didnt virtual plate bc its am s day) - soup bread raw veg. After dinner 3 handfuls potato chips. A piece of chocolate. And piece of ginger bread. Rolling Eyes

Wow i wrote it all down.

All the food didnt make me feel so good and i today i skipped breakfast and had a light lunch - not on purpose. Starting to feel more and more like a normal person.

Next weekend i will try again to enjoy my treats instead of eat as much of them as i can until i feel gross Laughing Rolling Eyes

oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Saturday is about par. Consider either not even trying to moderate S days at all for awhile OR absolutely commit to whatever limit you think would be reasonable. It's the ambivalence that drains. I can tell you from experience that saying I was going to eat less and then not sticking to it was even more suffering- and unproductive at that- than the suffering from eating too much.
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: