Day 3 and Loving It

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ruthosborn

Day 3 and Loving It

Post by ruthosborn » Wed May 11, 2005 8:04 pm

Hi. Just checking in on my third day, and so far, it's wonderful. There are a few times between meals when my body whines for food, but I'm in charge here. And I don't entertain the idea of snacking (except on an S day). Food I do eat tastes WONDERFUL. So much better, and I tend to plan meals a bit more carefully, eating more than my normal Weight Watchers menu, which I tended to structure around snack eating. It's like budgeting money. I'm really beginning to think about what to "spend" at my meals. Right now I'm eating a baby spinach salad with bleu cheese, candied pecans and cranberries for 400 calories (too much for me before my 3-meal limit). It tastes so good. Bottom line is it feels great to be in charge. And this is an easy way to manage it. Won't check my weight for four weeks. Why bother, really. This is a healthy way to live and the weight loss will inevitably follow.

Thanks alot Reinhart. and to Jools, thanks for the reply earlier.
Ruth O

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 12, 2005 12:28 pm

The beginning is the hardest part, Ruth, I'm glad it's going so well for you. Keep posting your progress. An audience helps any resolution.

No-s "budgeting" is more fun than weight watchers calorie accounting-- it's also a lot easier. It's essentially, "here's my chance for a meal, now what do I want most?" Glad you're enjoying it!