20lbs and a new balance

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ericb

20lbs and a new balance

Post by ericb » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi everyone -

I found the Everyday Systems site during an internet wandering session. Shovelglove was a cool idea, so I gave it a shot and have since added to my list of things to do in the Magic Tree House (the gym - it's got things to climb up/on so my kids named it and claim it when downstairs.)

I started No S in April of this year and have lost around 20 pounds - from 175ish down to 155ish. I understand portions in a way that viscerally makes sense - it's no longer an overhead for me. Over time, my wife has seen the change and has joined in with her own version. Our kids see the change and have "Nosy" days where the persistent snacking culture of school is not something they do. They either ask the teacher if they can keep it for lunch (if it fits) or just drink water instead of milk. It hasn't affected their weights and they eat consistently decent sized meals. I finally feel balanced. I can feel this balance working itself out in the rest of my life in a way that the whole life/work mantra doesn't fix.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Reinhard. Your systems approach in managing problems is a breath of fresh air, and your commitment to share and encourage is an inspiration. :)

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Congratulation, that's wonderful.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

exdieter

Post by exdieter » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:50 am

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story!
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Eric,

I'm so sorry I totally missed your update here until now.

A much belated congratulations!

I love this in particular:
Our kids see the change and have "Nosy" days where the persistent snacking culture of school is not something they do. They either ask the teacher if they can keep it for lunch (if it fits) or just drink water instead of milk.
Hope things are still going well with you and the family,

Reinhard