If you could live anywhere?

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
Over43

If you could live anywhere?

Post by Over43 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:12 am

This time of year always has me day dreaming about beaches, palms, a gentle- warm sea breeze, and sun.

I love where I live,90 minutes from Yellowstone, 90 minutes from Jackson, Wyoming, 3 hours from Sun Valley, and I do ski. But sometimes the wether is a downer.

So, I have wondred, where would I live, if I could live anywhere?

1. Cayman Islands
2. San Francisco
3. Munich
4. Cozumel
5. Ayvlik, Turkey

Where would you all live?
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

amake616

Post by amake616 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I like where I live because I'm near my family and I like how Michigan has all four seasons (winter has regular snow, hot, sunny summers etc.) and huge unemployment problems aside, I think it has a lot going for it. However, if I could buy a vacation home anyplace I wanted, I would probably choose the Cappadocia region of Turkey. Absolutely gorgeous place.

harpista

Post by harpista » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:35 am

Paris. Paris, PARIS!!!!!!

Failing that, I suppose I will stick with moving to downtown Toronto (it's not far from here). I am rather enamoured with "the centre of the universe" (as the other Canadians mockingly call it).
Nulla palma sine pulvere.
'No garland of victory without first the dust of the arena.'

Sometimesians, unite!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 am

amake616 wrote:I like where I live because I'm near my family and I like how Michigan has all four seasons (winter has regular snow, hot, sunny summers etc.) and huge unemployment problems aside, I think it has a lot going for it. However, if I could buy a vacation home anyplace I wanted, I would probably choose the Cappadocia region of Turkey. Absolutely gorgeous place.
I have been to Cappadocia, it is gorgeous.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 pm

DH says he would like to live in the mountains but I get claustrophobic and depressed if I spend too much time there. I'm a prairie girl. I need the space.

Actually, if I could live anywhere, I would live along the Cheyenne River right here in South Dakota. I love that river.