First Day

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Meggers

First Day

Post by Meggers » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:49 pm

I actually stumbled across this sometime last year, and loved it. I tried it out, with wonderful results, though I gave it up when I went home for the summer. It's hard enough being a college student and living on campus, gross (and delicious) unhealthy food is so much more readily available than healthier alternatives. But I've been noticing that the scale has been creeping up on me lately, and I need to get into a better habit of eating and taking care of myself, especially because I have the Navy breathing down my neck about it. Not that I'm particularly overweight, but they tend to like their people to not look like sausages in uniform. So... here goes nothing.

Day One: SUCCESS- This is going to be a long three weeks, I'm thinking.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:26 am

Good luck Meghan!

Do this for you! The Navy is just the temporary motivator here..
Your long term health is what you need to keep in your sights..

Ten hut!
(wait.. do they say that in the Navy??? LOL..)

Have fun and see you on board, I mean, on the boards... :wink:

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Meggers

Check-in

Post by Meggers » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:32 am

Day Two: Resounding FAILURE: I fell off the wagon in favor of Valentine's Day. Well, I suppose there's always tomorrow to begin again.

Kevin

Valentines Day

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:32 am

Is an S day. You didn't fail.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Meggers

Post by Meggers » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:56 am

Hooray!! That makes me feel much, much better.

Meggers

Catch-up

Post by Meggers » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:04 am

It's been a full week--mostly of midterms :x

Days 3-5: SUCCESS! Hooray!

Day 6: S-DAY (Boy is it ever, I got a late V-day gift from my mom)