shovelglove helps in Thailand

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
chiangmaiboss

shovelglove helps in Thailand

Post by chiangmaiboss » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:22 am

Greetings everybody. I have not written in long time but still shovelglove regularly. I am writing to tell how it helped me recently. I recently had to clear off some large trees of my land. I could not even find an axe anywhere here, so had to use cheap hatchet worth about 3 doaars in US money. Had to chop down 2 large trees and remove stumps with just this crummy tool and a pole saw. Thanks to working out with shovelglove I managed to do all this, as I was in shape from doing the woodchopping exercise. Also did lots of digging to get rid of stumps sp of course shovelglove helped with that too.
Chiang Mai and Nakhon Sawan, Thailand

Kevin

Re: shovelglove helps in Thailand

Post by Kevin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:06 pm

SG is excellent training for yard work.
chiangmaiboss wrote:Greetings everybody. I have not written in long time but still shovelglove regularly. I am writing to tell how it helped me recently. I recently had to clear off some large trees of my land. I could not even find an axe anywhere here, so had to use cheap hatchet worth about 3 doaars in US money. Had to chop down 2 large trees and remove stumps with just this crummy tool and a pole saw. Thanks to working out with shovelglove I managed to do all this, as I was in shape from doing the woodchopping exercise. Also did lots of digging to get rid of stumps sp of course shovelglove helped with that too.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

chiangmaiboss

Post by chiangmaiboss » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:54 am

Yes it is Kevin. Speaking about yard, here is an idea maybe some people would like. All you need is a small bit of land. Then get very big hoe and swing it overhead and chop into ground, like the woodchopper exercise. it is very good and even if you do not wish to plant or till the soil, as long as you have some dirt and enough room to swing hoe you can do it anytime you wish.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:43 pm

That's great to hear, chiangmaiboss.

It's even (occasionally) useful here in Cambridge, MA.

Actually if the ability to jostle children around effectively counts as useful, it certainly is. Though it would be nice to have an excuse to decline yet another "daddy, pick me up!" request... :-)

Sorry for the delayed response. I've got a couple of big deadlines coming up for work and class which will continue to be distracting for another week. Then I'll go on a posting binge to make up for it. :-)

Reinhard

chiangmaiboss

Post by chiangmaiboss » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:22 pm

No problem reinhard. Actually I havent read internet lately anyway as I had used up internet minutes for month until yesterday. Hope you and family are well.

chiangmaiboss

Post by chiangmaiboss » Mon May 02, 2011 3:20 am

I am in Nakhon Sawan for family event and brought my crochet hammer to do shovelglove while here. I did 30 minutes yesterday which was 15 minutes of fencepost driver and 15 minutes of shovel. Very good workout as it is very hot here now. I was first going to go outside and do 30 minutes with big hoe but a thunderstorm came up.