Shovelglove legs exercises – Glutes & Hamstrings &

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
filipe

Shovelglove legs exercises – Glutes & Hamstrings &

Post by filipe » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I've been using this for the last 2-3 months to increase my legs strength, and it works for me.
:?: I don't recall seeing this anywhere (I didn't spent much time browsing the forum...). If it already exist, forget this.

:idea: Principles:
Keep your back and knees straight. Act like having a hinge in the hips.
Keep your elbow angle steady, in order to let the lower back and legs muscles do the job.

:!: Caution: This exercise is the “Good Morning†Shovelglove version. I consider it very stressful in lower back.
If you're not use to exercise your lower back, start slowly. If you have issues with your lower back or knees, it's better not to start at all.
Begin slowly. You should feel confident and in control of all the movement range.

:wink: Comments, critics, improvements, are welcome

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Filipe,

Thanks for posting this series of movements with drawings!

Among other things, they're very charming, aesthetically.

(Thanks also for the warnings. Always good to keep risks in mind)

I don't think I've seen this move before (I certainly haven't *seen* it, but I don't think I've heard it described either). Thanks!

Reinhard

filipe

Post by filipe » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 am

Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for the comments and the help on storing the images on the server.