No S ReSipes. Happy Cooking!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kid Charlemagne

No S ReSipes. Happy Cooking!

Post by Kid Charlemagne » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi folks:

I love to cook, (even though I didn't list it among my profile interests), and I think, if it has not already been started, we should start posting some cooking ideas:

Simple chicken:

Buy a pre-cut whole chicken (on the bone) very cheap. Even the organically fed, free-range, hormone free chicken is relatively inexpensive...

Take a deep baking pan, coat it with olive oil. Take each piece of chicken and oil them up. I do this by spreading the oil in the pan with the chicken. Season chicken with whatever floats your boat. I've used Old Bay. Depending on the flavor, you can use chili powder, or Italian seasonings.

Chop up some butternut squash (you can leave the skin on), red, orange and yellow peppers, sweet or regular potatoes (I don't use them). Any vegetable that you like (asparagus, eggplant, zuccini, etc.) I also add in cut Italian sausage (sorry vegans).

Don't forget the whole garlic cloves!!!

Add a bit of white wine to the bottom of the pan. Place in the oven at 350 and cook for a couple of hours. Rotate the pan once during cooking, baste. I don't get too locked into cook times, etc. Just pay attention. Sometimes I'll broil the chicken for the last 5 minutes or so to crispen up the outside...

Cook this on a Sunday afternoon/evening. When your done, you'll have chicken for a week!

I apologize to our vegetarian friends... and I am very interested in great meatless recipes as well....though I'm a carnivore so most of my offerings will have meat in them. Perhaps the above recipe would work well with eggplant as the main ingredient.
"Obviously, you're not a golfer." -El Duderino

Kid Charlemagne

oops

Post by Kid Charlemagne » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:25 pm

I just re-read the No S Diet Home site, and discovered my transgression. It's not about recipes...

"So use your normal cookbook. It's No S Diet approved.

Recipes do make great filler, however, which I'm sure is why diet books are so full of them." -from the home page.

Forget what I wrote. :oops:

kid
"Obviously, you're not a golfer." -El Duderino

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:34 pm

i think there is a post on here somewhere that we posted recipes on once-apon-a-time...but it kind of fizzled out...i love to try new recipes though, so if you think of anymore, please post them! :D

I think Reinhard just meant that some "diets" say you have to follow certain recipes, etc...but i think any recipe can be used for the normal eating on this plan...just no diet book recipes...eeewww! :lol:
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi Kid,

It's fine to post recipes. A lot of people do this on their checkin threads anyway. The point is that here you don't HAVE to eat certain things. There's no "special noS recipes for losing weight by eating nasty diet food" but I for one LOVE to see new ideas for things to cook and eat.

There is a 'recipe' thread somewhere already. Reinhard did say he was going to fix it to the top of the board somehow (like his checkin and the 21 day club in the daily checkin board) but I guess he forgot and never got round to it.

C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:54 pm

I post a recipe almost every no-s day on my daily check-in, but that's just for fun and not a requirement on this "diet".

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:14 pm

Yeah Kid! You are cute! :wink:
You can post any recipe you want here..
Reinhard just meant that recipes from "Diet Cookbooks" are all probably very lacking in something we all know as *taste*... LOL...

That doesn't mean that we can't make healthful recipes that are delicious..
His "Normal" cookbook, by the way, is the Lutece Cookbook from the now closed, highly revered restaurant which had been open in NYC for many years named Lutece.. I think it was in the fifties on the East side? Hmmm.. Very stuffy waiters! :lol: Lots of escargots, and onion tart pastry you could die for.. Plus, now that you mention carnivores, they did one mean fillet mignon! Desserts? Let's just say, they weren't Atkins approved... LOL..
You wouldn't find anything there remotely dietetic.. It was a five star French restaurant, which I had the good fortune to eat at once in my life, and twenty three years later, I still remember the meal!
It was gooooood!!!

LOL...
Have a great day eating "Normal" food!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:12 am

Hey Kid!

The recipe sounds GREAT to me! I will be sure to try it this weekend. Sounds like what my mom does but better ;) hehe

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:02 pm

Kid,

Don't worry about it. Recipes are fine, as long as they actually taste good. Yours sounds like it qualifies.

Reinhard