Jbell Checking In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jbell

Jbell Checking In

Post by Jbell » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm

I have used NoS off and on for a while. Starting tomorrow I will be starting 13 weeks with a personal trainer at the gym. No better time than to work on my diet and shape that up as well. I don't have pounds to lose but I too often find myself not eating meals and grazing (or bingeing) on treats that should be special things only on S days.

My goal will be to make the NoS a way of life, a normal way to eat.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 pm

How's it going?

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:41 am

How did things work out with the trainer? Did he/she suggest a way to eat that suited you better? No harm, no foul. Would love to hear from you on Team 2017.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)