No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Marmaduke

Post by Marmaduke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 am

Hi everyone just thought Id say hi. Its my first day today and Im feeling hopeful but also concerned that it will be really hard. Im a lifelong yoyo dieter and Im just so sick of it! Im absolutely ready to try a different approach because I just cant diet anymore.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:08 am

You are absolutely in the right place. You are right that it won't be easy but it is totally achievable and sustainable. This is a great group of folks and I think you'll like it here. Welcome.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:02 pm

This "diet" is cool. It gets much, MUCH easier the longer you are on it. Keep that in mind in your initial stages.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Marmaduke

Post by Marmaduke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks all! Ive made it through my first day (just had my supper). Feeling very full but stuck to the one plate limit. Was finishing up leftover rice and lentil stew and noticed how I feel a bit bored by it. So will plan something more exciting for tomorrow night. Nice to know I can do that, rather than feeling I have to 'diet' tomorrow.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Yes, I find I'm much more spontaneously creative about my meals now that I know there are only three a day! However, in some ways I'm less fussy - because I'm hungrier for my meals - but in other ways. I never, every, used to eat the same thing two days' running - but I do now - quite often!

Keep going - it's so worth it!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:53 pm

How funny... I just posted on my check-in that I think I'm a more creative cook when I'm being strict about No-S. I plan more interesting and pleasant meals - if they're all I'm going to eat, they need to be good.

That's one of the awesome things about No-S... I actually enjoy my food MORE when I'm following it. How many "diets" can you say that about?

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Back last February, my husband asked me to move from the calorie counting I was doing back to No-S. Part of it was that I was definitely getting obsessive (weighing to the GRAM? I mean REALLY!)

The other part? I think he was being a little selfish. If I am having three opportunities to eat a day, YES, I am going to make better meals. I am a total foodie.

I'm with KCCC. I do enjoy my food more this way. Then again, Reinhard predicted exactly that in his book.

So, three data points in favor.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:12 pm

There is no promising that it won't be hard sometimes. Just keep remembering that going back to limiting food by "dieting" is a hard option. Overeating too often is no fun, either. Vow to keep going until you find your middle ground. Try to be patient and curious about what it will be like a few months or a year from now, not next week. Previous dieting can make you think you have to concentrate really hard on perfect meals really soon, but long term weight loss maintainers actually spend a couple of years adjusting to the new lifestyle. Have faith that the right meals will emerge, consciously or unconsciously.
Last edited by oolala53 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Marmaduke

Post by Marmaduke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Made it through today although the afternoon felt loong! Had a much tastier supper (turkey and stuffing pie plus lots of carrots and an apple).

Does anyone know where I can find the Daily Checkin thread ? I saw it yesterday but cant find it today.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:40 pm

At the top of this page, click on " discussion home". Then scroll down. It will be one of the options to open. I think the second one down but I'm not sure about that. 😊

Have a nice day.