If I did...

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
koopa

If I did...

Post by koopa » Tue May 10, 2011 7:50 pm

If I did drive into NYC, I would not have walked to the office. (1.5 miles)

If I did mail the cable to the client, I would not have walked to the client site. (1.2 miles)

If I did leave early (totally could have), I would not have walked back to the office after the client site (1.2 miles)

If I did take the car, I will not walk back to the grand central terminal (1.5 miles)

I went out of my way today and walked 5.3 miles according to google maps. I had every opportunity to take different options, but in the end, I let UR win out. Why? Because otherwise, I would not have been able to make this post :roll: :roll: ...or get 5 miles of exercise without much sacrifice to my productive day....

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat May 21, 2011 11:11 am

Nice job. Cars in Manhattan don't make sense to me.

On a slightly related note: did you hear the piece on NPR about the bike lanes in Brooklyn? I don't know if that is where you live, but I hope the bikers prevail.

mattman

Post by mattman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:09 pm

If I walked to work it wold be 4.1 miles each way. Not too shabby. but bit of a pain in the colder months(ne ohio).
two wrongs don't make a right.
But three lefts do.