new experiment

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
guille

new experiment

Post by guille » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:03 am

ok

im a big fan of the idea of short , dairly workout to keep in shape and shovelglove is exactly that, but i have another thing i love doing, intuflow, if feel so relaxed and enegetic after my intuflow practices

http://www.intu-flow.com/

i dont necesary follow the exact 14 min rule per day, sometimes i do more sometimes even less, it depends of the time, but despite that, im too lazy to do both in one day so i had to find a way to have both

then i investongated what was the minimum needed of shovelglove(streight training) to get the streight and endurance benefits, i investigated and aparently 2 times per week is good enough, so here is my experiment

i will do shovelglove 2 times per week on separate days, like monday and friday for example, leaving days in the middle in order to rest, but that rest will be active, in other words "intuflow."

and i will let you know what are the results of doing this after months and hopefuly years of that approach

i have been doing that for 2 weeks and my first good surprise is that i enjoy shovelglove more, before that i did it 5 times per week and despite i liked it, after a few month of doing it i got bored and left it and then came back , but right now because its not an everyday thing i am more exited to do shovelglove again.

i will let you know what happends in this same post , i will write about the progress every 4 or 6 months to let you know

filipe

Post by filipe » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 am

Seems much in line with Kafka's Calisthenics http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... highlight=.

I sometimes do Baduanjin for relax and coordination (breathing and movement).

guille

Post by guille » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:38 pm

i feel that kafkas calisthenics is a little more intense than intuflow, i wiould say that intuflow is almost 0 efford but still gets all the benefits of the movility, in fact movility for energy is its full philosophy, if i have to compare it with something is more similar to taichi

the Baduanjin looks like qi gong, looks interesting

Sixty

Post by Sixty » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Sorry, as soon as I read that better health is based on a secret system, my little bs-detector starts going off ...
No matter how old you are, just by moving each of your joints in a secret sequence
Yeah, right. Looks like pretty standard qigong and Taiji movements to me.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 am

Sixty wrote:Sorry, as soon as I read that better health is based on a secret system, my little bs-detector starts going off ...
No matter how old you are, just by moving each of your joints in a secret sequence
Yeah, right. Looks like pretty standard qigong and Taiji movements to me.
Yeah, that type of mentality seems like the opposite of what Shovelglove is trying to accomplish.