now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
JWL

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Post by JWL » Sun May 15, 2005 3:09 am

Well, I figured out why I was low-energy on Tuesday. The stomach flu bug virus-from-hell hit me on Wed. My fever broke on Thursday, and I'm just now back to about 80% healthy.

So my shovelglove routine this week was seriously interrupted. Ah well. Sh!t happens, especially when you have a stomach bug... :wink:

And now it's the weekend, and I'm still not 100%, so I think I'll just wait until Monday to get back into the swing of things....
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun May 15, 2005 10:39 am

Hi Freakwitch,

Sorry to hear about the bug! That can really lay you low for a while.

Are you able to eat to get some strength back? Remember the BRAT diet for a sick tummy:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast (or Tea

These foods are easily digested. Chicken soup is good as always, of course.

Anyway, hope you get back to 100% soon!

Jan

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 16, 2005 3:31 am

Sorry to hear it, Freakwitch. Sick days are definitely S days.

With shovelglove, as I mention somewhere on the home page, my rule is "if anything hurts, stop immediately and take the next day off." This has worked so well for me that I 've never had to take more than one "next day" off, and it's been a long time since I've had to recourse even to this. The risk of overdoing it isn't worth a extra day's hard coredom. Not that you need it, but you have my official blessing and encouragement to take it easy until you're back to 100%.