too good to be true

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cvmom

too good to be true

Post by cvmom » Sun May 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Hey All.

I have to confess that I've been snooping around the board since early last week. I had looked up "no sugar, no flour" in an attempt to rid myself of about 20 pounds. Well, I checked out this site and realized that it was much more to my liking. Let's face it, if you say you can never have sugar and flour again then what will you become obsessed with?

So, that very day (Tuesday) I began my No S plan. The first few days I went into a bit of a panic thinking I would faint between meals. LOL Yesterday's S day was fine and the best thing is that I don't feel deprived.

My other tactic is that I have been keeping a food journal. I realize that the pounds may not slip off as fast but I also realize that no "diet" will give me control; it has to come from daily choices and small steps of change.

Lastly, I decided to post because I saw Reinhold's pix with the shoveglove thing and while that was interesting what really caught my eye was the Star Wars lego in the background!!! I have 2 young boys who are crazy for Star Wars and even crazier about Star Wars Lego so I'm taking it as a good omen.

Fondly,
CV Mom

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun May 15, 2005 4:37 pm

Glad you're here! I cruised around for a while, too, looking for a program that was a good "fit." This seems to be it.

I know what you mean about the panic of wondering whether you'll faint between meals. I haven't passed out, so that's a good sign, since I was a pretty heavy snacker before I started this a couple of weeks ago.

Post often...this is a good place to come for accountability and support.

Best wishes in your weight loss. May the Force be with you!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sun May 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Sorry about spelling your name wrong Reinhard. My brain is like a sieve.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 16, 2005 3:19 pm

Welcome, CV Mom. No worries about the "reinhold." If it starts with an "r" and ends with a consonant, I respond to it.

I'm not a huge fan of food journals (they tend to be fascinating for about a week and then become unbelievably tedious) but some people swear by them. But do post frequent updates on your status to the group here. Gentle pressure from a sympathetic audience can work wonders.

P.S. Darth Vader and Boba Fett are delighted to hear that their court ordered community service efforts are paying off (little brush with the dark side to make up for).