Jinx' daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jinx

Jinx' daily check-in

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:53 pm

Day One (hasn't ended quite yet)- I ate an english muffin together with a vitamin water this morning. My lunch consisted of an antipasto salad with a side scoop of egg salad (yumm :)) Dinner? We shall see....

I've been trying to stick to a diet of my own, but I always give up after slow results (or none). Perhaps I am being impatient. I am going to attempt to diet the NoS way, as well as a bit of Atkins. Well, just cutting down my carbs. I've noticed that after I eat carbs I end up stuffing my face with tons more. MY boyfriend is trying to coach me, but he keeps telling me to eat snacks if I'm hungry. I generally don't have that much time to eat during the day, so my meals mainly consist of 3 per day. However, in between you can find me munching on rice cakes and such. I have been on the semi-Atkins diet for 3 days now and its been good. Yesteday for example, I ate 3 meals but also a nutri grain bar in class. I knew I didn't need it, but I craved something sweet. I don't think I am too far from being successfull at the NoS diet, its just going to take some more discipline.

** adding on **
Since I started reading this site this morning, I just noticed how aware ive become (call it miracle transformation if you want). I am sitting here, reading this site and keeping myself busy while 3 of my co workers are all taking turns indulging in the sweetness of the candy bowl. They keep eating, in the past hour, between the three of them I think 10 candy bars are missing.. Eeek! Now one co-worker is whinning about not going to the gym and how she can't lose any weight.. hmpf, go figure.
I, on the other hand, feel great just because I haven't had a single candy craving today.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:28 am

yeap, today was a SUCCESS. I actually spazzed at my bf today because he offered me a corn muffin a few minutes ago :-/
No snacks, no sugar and no seconds.

For dinnner I have a pork chop, some salad, and sauteed mushrooms, peppers and onions.

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:51 am

Hi Jinx! Thanks for stopping by my "Wall"! :)

Sounds like you had a GREAT day yourself! WTG on NOT wanting any candy! ::thumbs up!::

Aw....how sweet of your BF to offer the corn muffin to you - even though he didn't quite understand about the NoS's!

Be patient with him.....my DH is STILL trying to understand how this all works! :lol: He just asked me this evening, "Now...can you have any of these noodles or not?" Since I've only been doing NoS for a week and I did LC for almost three years, I figure it will take him awhile to catch on! It's all good, though! :D

Again, thanks for stopping by!
~Ellen~

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Hehe, yeah :) Mine is trying to do it with me by half-essedly. This morning my mom made us breakfast, I kindly denied because I know I have an english muffin waiting for me at work, so he ate his portion along with mine. He offered me to eat about 10 times, im trying to be patient.....really :)
It takes him a little time to catch on to things, but I love him anyways :p
Today is a new day, I'll see how it goes.

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm

LOL He'll catch on.....sooner or later......but he will! :)

Hope you have an AWESOME day!

::wave::
~Ellen~

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks!!! You too.
Maybe you can answer this...is there a section anywhere with before an after pix?

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:58 pm

There's no such thing as 'after' here. NoS is a plan for the rest of your life. After is for when you are dead. :lol: Afterall, how many of those 'slimmer of the month' type people actually regained all that weight and then SOME MORE over the next few years..? I'm betting quite a few. In fact, I know a couple of people who did that for sure.

That said, some people have posted 'before' and 'during' pictures. My before picture is on my checkin, but I don't have a good during picture yet. Deb (gratefuldeb67) has before and during pictures on a thread in the general section and some more pics on her checkin too. Check the earlier pages of stuff.

Reinhard did plan to put a gallery up where people could post an annual 'during' shot of themselves, but he never quite got that far - running all this takes up too much of his time already I guess.

C.
CaroleJo

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:58 pm

Shoot! I'm too new at this myself -- I would not have been able to answer that! lol

Thanks, CJ! Now *I* know, too! :)
~Ellen~

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:46 pm

cool, thanks guys :)
I think that a section for before and during would be awesome..less chatter more pix. Reinard is awesome for doing this already so i dont expect anything...just saying it would be nice

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:03 pm

the weekend flew by with some ice cream and cookies and snacks :-/ not too good BUT I did notice a difference:

When my guy and I used to go Applebees for example, we would order an appetizer a plate each and we'd finish all of the dessert. This time we just ordered a meal..I barely ate half of mine. We also ordered dessert and I literaly had 5 bites instead of going nuts over it. It was great, and it made me feel great. We'll see how today goes, I'll keep it posted. :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Hey Jinx!
Have a good day..
Seems like your enjoying NoS :)

The avatar looks great!
It reminds me of the Grudge..
LOL..

Or some Kurosawa movie still...
Yeh, more like Rashomon...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:14 pm

hahaha! It's all thanks to Vorpal, he made it for me.
I am enjoying NoS very much. It gave me the structure that I needed, and the best part is the support (especially from you, you've been great). I can't wait to really start feeling the results.
*Im so excited, and I just can't hide it..* hehe..sorry :)
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:10 pm

Day 5: I need to Start exercising, but between a full time job and school at night I am always so tired. Any suggestions?

Breakfast: 8oz of cottage cheese and an english muffin.

Lunch: Mediterranean Salad with a side scoop of tuna salad (and some crystal light)
SNACK: I woke up really hungry from my nap and without realizing it went for the fridge.. Piece of bread with some spread
Dinner: dumplings and mongolian beef

Exercise: perhaps I can drag my guy and sign him up for the gym so that we can start going every morning.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:11 pm

DAY 1: Here we go again...
Weight: 207lbs :evil:
(I will weight myself once every 7 successful NoS Days

Breakfast: lite latte and a breakfast sandwich

Lunch: 6" meatball sub from subway-bag of baked chips

Dinner: Steak with zuccini and salad

Exercise:
Running back and forth through the Natick Mall? Okay okay, it doesn't really count...I Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to get my arse to the gym

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:48 pm

DAY 2: (I will weight myself once every 7 successful NoS Days

Breakfast: english muffin and lots of H2O

Lunch: cup of chix noodle soup and a sandwich

Dinner: pork chops, grilled peppers/mushrooms and salad

Exercise: not happening today..I have class after work and a test after class for online class...yeap

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:01 pm

DAY 3: I am sooo sick...this is horrible! It always happens to me. If i start exercising or I go on a diet my body decides to protest and throws me into a sick mode. Whats going on?!? I dont want to be sick! :cries

Lunch: TBA

Dinner: TBA
Exercise: not happening today..i feel so weak and yucky :(

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:24 pm

hahaha! It's all thanks to Vorpal, he made it for me.
I am enjoying NoS very much. It gave me the structure that I needed, and the best part is the support (especially from you, you've been great). I can't wait to really start feeling the results.
*Im so excited, and I just can't hide it..* hehe..sorry
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!
Hey Dasha..
Sorry I didn't check in for a few days and catch your remark here..
That's sweet!

I'm sorry you are getting sick... I read your post on the general discussion.. I now realize you are in school.. Let's just say that school and midterms etc.. are frighteningly stressful!!!
That's probably what's causing your immune system to crash... Maybe...
I encourage you to, at least, try to find time to quietly sit and meditate and focus on your own healing... You can do it laying down in bed too...
After your better, if you do *moderate* exercise, pretty daily, you will find that it will help your immune system get stronger!

Have a peacefilled day..
Good luck with your school stuff....
I had to put myself through a third degree when I was already a single mother and in my mid thirties... Let's just say, I wouldn't really want to go back to school any time soon, again... It's really hard!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:54 pm

Thanks for the support Deb. I just get so discouraged when I am hanging on strong with a diet plan and then it crashed due to me being sick...it sucks. I meditate from time to time, but its also very difficult with the lack of time that I have. Hopefully this wont last for too long, I am still trying o stick with the diet. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:55 pm

DAY 3: I am sooo sick...this is horrible! It always happens to me. If i start exercising or I go on a diet my body decides to protest and throws me into a sick mode. Whats going on?!? I dont want to be sick! :cries

Lunch: 1/2 turkey 1/2 tuna sandwich and some Fruit 2o water. I resisted the incredibly good looking cookie that people offered me about 20 times.

Dinner: a bunch of stuff at applebee's- i felt so sick afterwards...like never before
Exercise: not happening today..i feel so weak and yucky :(
Last edited by Jinx on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:47 pm

okay..that stupid cookie has been eaten...by me :oops:
Sick day...exactly!

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:35 pm

DAY 4: Not feeling any better..but I did notice that I don't eat nearly as much anymore. For example, this morning I was full from 1/2 a breakfast sandwich..and today at lunch instead of eating the whole salad I could only eat half (and feel stuffed)

Breakfast: 1/2 breakfast sandwich on a crossaint with eggs bacon and cheese. Big cup of chamomile tea with honey

Lunch: 1/2 Greek salad with chix, 1/2 scoop of egg salad, and a big cup of chamomile tea with honey.

Dinner: TBA
Exercise: not happening today..i feel so weak and yucky