Bigorexia

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Bigorexia

Post by Over43 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 am

I actually thought this was a spoof until I read the definition.

Bigorexia is an issue some have, these people do not think they are big enough. They usually subsist on a high protein diet with heavy supplementation.

When I was a teen, and through my 20's into my 30's I believe I had this. I was 135 when I graduated from high school (maybe 145). My grandmother was always making me eat because I was so skinny. I remember an evening in a restaurant, sitting next to a table with a kid who looked like Gus from the chocolate factory movie, and my grandmother telling my mom I should be fit like the other kid. (Must be a southern German thing we inherited. :lol: )

Add to that protein shakes, power lifting and Olympic lifting and I ended up at 210+.

Anyway, my grandmother was wonderful, and I am responsible for my behavior, and I can say I think I am a "recovering" Bigorexic.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 am

Also known as Muscle Dysmorphia (you can look it up on Google). Pretty weird, but so is anorexia. But this is actually about people believing they aren't muscular enough; not sure if people who think they need to simply gain (fat) weight despite not being underweight would be classified as having this.
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way,
No day but today.