Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to report shovelglove

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodcooker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: How to report shovelglove Reply with quote

I am actually going to do this! I have shared with close friends and family what I am going to do and they laugh, laugh, laugh. A shake of their heads with that "what the heck is she up to now?" look on their faces. My question is I am reporting any excercise done on a nutrition website. Guess what? Shovelglove is not a "recognized" activity. lol. How do I come up with calories burned in 14 minutes of this so I can enter it into my information? Thanks in advance for any info.
jules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. LOL. I know that doesn't help.

It is a really, really fun exercise. I need to start up again. I was doing it regularly & I feel better when I do it.

It's more than just weightlifting. The intensity probably gives it an aerobic component. You might just have to guess -- though I would underestimate the amount rather than overestimate.
filipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try clubbel.
If it doesn't appear in list, try kettlebell.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I bet kettlebells would be pretty close (and mainstream enough now that it might actually show up as an option).
Goodcooker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found kettlebell. Entered it and it claims it is 300 cals burned?? Is that possible?? No wonder I broke a sweat 4 minutes into it. lol. Usually takes me a good 15 minutes on the treadmill at a fast pace to even start feeling warm.
slothlike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I log it as Kettlebells too. The training affect is very similar.

I used MyFitnessPal to track calories for a while when I was losing weight. Based on calories in and rate of weight loss, I calculated that I was burning 250 cal per 20 minutes with either a 10# or a 12# hammer. Lots of possible error in those calculations though.

-ted
turp182

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a Bodybugg? Reply with quote

You wear it on your arm and it tracks caloric expenditures. Pretty cool to wear 24/7, sleep patterns are obvious, as well as waking periods during the night if you have them (I do).

Calorie expenditure should be clear and measurable with one.

It has a monthly fee, which isn't cool, just an idea.
blujay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveStrong has "Shoveling" or "Shoveling snow", so I have used that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: