teptation

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Darcy shea

teptation

Post by Darcy shea » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:30 am

i have major temptations!!! like i cant see somefood i like and not eat it. thats why im fretting this "no s" diet i mean i know im getting bigger i am 125 lbs. and sadly....im only 13!!! :( so i guess i need this what the heck do i do? i NEED NEED NEED tips on how to dodge my tempting tastebuds!!

thanx :)

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Simply keep yourself occupied...
If you have a huge craving for cake for example...just drink a tall glass of water. Hang out with your friends, read books and anytime ur craving is REEEEEEEEEEEALLY bad...do 20 jumping jacks :)
good luck

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:36 pm

Hi Darcy,

It's not going to be easy, but clarity is a start, and no-s gives you that. You're just going to have to learn discipline about eating at meals, and not in between. The more you do this, the easier it gets. Habit is what make this hard now, but it's also what's going to make it easy once you have it working for you. Try to do nos by the book for 21 straight days (about how long it takes to form a habit). You can keep a log in the "daily check-in" forum if you want to get some support and accountability.

Make the carrot cake work for you: as incentive. When you see something especially tempting during the week, make a note of it and get it on the weekend.

Good luck, keep us posted,

Reinhard

kcin49

Post by kcin49 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi Darcy, you're one up on most of us - you've realised you have a problem early and you're prepared to do something about it now. Good for you. Shows you have the strength to stick with it. Just take it slow and don't expect amazing results. NoS is slow but sure and definitely asier than most 'diets' you'll read about. The great thing is with NoS it's not a diet - it's a lifestyle. the support you will get from this website will be invaluable. Stick with it.
NikC