Anyone have any suggestions??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gk

Anyone have any suggestions??

Post by gk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Hello fellow No S'ers.

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for certain foods to eat/tips to help with increased energy during the day. I've hopped on-line and read about some foods that could help, but I thought I'd ask here to see if any of you have tried certain things and actually saw results.

Thanks!
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:47 pm

If I have a challenging day, eggs for breakfast (whole eggs, not egg white) seem to keep me going longer. One boiled egg or two scrambled, with toast. I'm keen to see what others suggest.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Lots of water. I usually have a big waterbottle of ice water with a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice. Also, if really tired I usually eat, but a 15 minute nap curbs that.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:28 am

A good dose of protein with every meal.

mricem

Post by mricem » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 am

Hi,

I eat eggs & toast & fruit for breakfast almost every morning. I personally take a multivitamin & cod liver oil & Vitamin B complex (I think the last one is most helpful for energy levels.

Oh and 1 cup of coffee... No more no less (or it will make me tired)

God bless

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:29 pm

I definitely agree on the protein/water...and caffeine. (For me, I need it!).
But to make each of your meals COUNT (fiber-wise, etc).
I know if I eat crackers, white bread, and "airy food" over veggies, protein, cheese, etc...then I feel weak and tired.
Just a thought!
Oh and exercise UPS my energy level.
Liz

gk

Post by gk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:42 am

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I've started a few of these ideas already this past week or so and can tell the difference already!

Thanks again - much appreciated! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 pm

I think what's most important is eating real food as opposed to processed foods.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:41 pm

I second and third water(so does my trainer) also b vitamins and whole foods altogether.
I feel better when I eat better, I know for sure what ibb said I feel tired and sluggish when I eat too much white flour, and sugar, and things like chips, and potatoes.

Exercise, fresh air and sunshine do wonders too. I struggle with low energy levels myself, I think I always have. If things don't get better perhaps check your iron levels, or just talk to a doctor.