Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi-vitamin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter Gatherer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Multi-vitamin Reply with quote

So do any of you have recommendations for a good multi-vitamin?

I know, I know, it's better to get your vitamins through your meals, but I tend to go through food-phases and I sometimes worry that eating on mostly, say, "Chicken and Citrus fruit" for a week or more isn't getting me the whole compliment of vitamins (at least short term).
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi H/G,

Sorry everyone here seems to be as ignorant on this subject as I am....

I'm say try to eat more of a variety of foods. It's better on just about every level, from enjoyment to nutrition.Then it's not so important what if any pills you take. The cons are you can't buy fresh food in the same bulk, and you have to go shopping a bit more, but I think they're minor in comparison. As with most things, the biggest impediment is habit -- but it's also your biggest ally, once you change it.

Reinhard
mstevens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just take a random multivitamin. I sorta regard it as 'insurance'.

But I think the important thing, as reinhard says, is to try to eat relatively well. I've tried No-S a couple of times and started feeling very faint and odd after a few weeks - my theory is that my diet was too poor and it only became obvious after I cut out all the snacks that were giving me vital nutrients Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: