Multi-vitamin

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hunter Gatherer

Multi-vitamin

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:26 pm

So do any of you have recommendations for a good multi-vitamin?

I know, I know, it's better to get your vitamins through your meals, but I tend to go through food-phases and I sometimes worry that eating on mostly, say, "Chicken and Citrus fruit" for a week or more isn't getting me the whole compliment of vitamins (at least short term).
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi H/G,

Sorry everyone here seems to be as ignorant on this subject as I am....

I'm say try to eat more of a variety of foods. It's better on just about every level, from enjoyment to nutrition.Then it's not so important what if any pills you take. The cons are you can't buy fresh food in the same bulk, and you have to go shopping a bit more, but I think they're minor in comparison. As with most things, the biggest impediment is habit -- but it's also your biggest ally, once you change it.

Reinhard

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:59 pm

I just take a random multivitamin. I sorta regard it as 'insurance'.

But I think the important thing, as reinhard says, is to try to eat relatively well. I've tried No-S a couple of times and started feeling very faint and odd after a few weeks - my theory is that my diet was too poor and it only became obvious after I cut out all the snacks that were giving me vital nutrients :)