I blew it!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

I blew it!

Post by Laff » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:34 am

I just feel a need to share that I really messed up today. This is the first time since the beginning of January that I lost my focus. Stress does strange things to a person but at the same time I have to take responsibility for choosing to eat not 1 but 2 muffins today. I do feel kind of sick now. :oops: What was I thinking? Why did I make such a bad decision?
I am thinking that now I will only use one S day this weekend, especially because we have a birthday to celebrate on Monday.
Done, over--on to better things! :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

schmiddtty

Post by schmiddtty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:34 am

Hi Laff,

It must have been an S day in disguise...I ate a half of a bag of chocolate easter eggs, then some potato chips to get the chocolate taste out of my mouth!!! Like you, the first mess up since the first of January. Oh well, like you say, on to tomorrow...MJ

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:27 am

hey, only one mess up day since January isn't bad!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:49 pm

One day in two and a half months doesn't matter -- unless you let it throw you off course. The solution is simple: don't. Brush it off and get right back with it. You're doing great, big picture.

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:53 pm

The key is to get back to it.

I also think it's useful to try to work out why you gave in, and see if you can avoid that in the future.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:04 pm

Hey Laff!
We all make blunders...
Best not to put too much attention on it because you get into a whole spiral of beating yourself up silly, when that energy could be put to better use... Forward momentum!!!
I also humbly suggest, that you brush it off, but leave your S days alone..
Sometimes I think this way as well, but there's no point in penalizing yourself or fooling with the N day S day structure/delineation...
Then everytime you mess up, you'll think, "well I can eliminate an S day to make up for it" and trust me,,, this never works..
S days are reward days.. Screwing up during the week and then taking away your reward day keeps the guilt cycle going and, frankly it's pretty hard to do anyway...
So, leave the S days out of it, and as M suggested, take a moment to learn from your experience and then let it go...

Have a nice weekend!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:34 am

Thanks, folks! Your responses are greatly appreciated. I did think about why I had made the choices I did. Partially, I think, it was because I had been to the Dr. and had to step on that damn scale!!!! It showed my 20 pound gain from the year before which so far has not budged. I think I was feeling humiliated and sorry for myself. Today was better but not 100% (had a bit of funny stuff). Love that expression.
Deb, I will consider your words about the S days carefully. I really do look forward to my S days and don't want to mess with a good thing. I was already planning to be cautious this weekend. I tend to have one chocolate and then the whole box of chocolate and I don't want to do that anymore.
Thank you all for caring. :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:08 pm

Hey Laff :)
No prob, my pleasure...

My son Richard is doing NoS with me and the only s he had issues with in his life was sweets...
After 17 months of having a much more limited sugar intake by not indulging on N days, he enjoys moderate amounts of candy and stuff and if he overdoses a bit, he feels like he gets a blechy stomach ache...

If you are worried about eating a whole box of chocolates just buy a small box, not a two pound bag!
I say two regular sized candy bars on a weekend won't affect your weight loss goals and you will, slowly but surely learn to enjoy moderation!
Really :)

I used to be able to eat a whole pint of ice cream in one sitting and now that same pint will last for three days...

Have a nice weekend!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

cab54

Post by cab54 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Well....our 'fearless leader' says to say 'you screwed up', and then get right back on the no S. I got completely off of it, and am getting back on as of earlier this week, so I hear ya! :wink:

One thing about this is---it's easy to get right back on. No going to the store for weird foods, just a deep breath, and start over.

Good luck! :D
Cheryl

Starting weight--200 (gah!)
Currently--185
Goal weight--135, or wherever I end up