Jinx' not jinxed

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jinx

Jinx' not jinxed

Post by Jinx » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:54 pm

Day1 (yet again...ehehehehe)

Breakfast: Activia Vanilla Yogurt, English Muffin, H2O

Lunch: 2/3 turkish sandwich (lamb kebob sandwich) and a coffee with skim milk and splenda (lots of H2O too)

Dinner: Grilles Salmon (I love my George), salad and sauteed tofu, onions and mushrooms

Exercise: Scratch the lake, I went to the Gym. 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weight (really sore from yesterday) And 6 minutes of fake sun..ehehehe
Status: SUCCESS! it's good to be back folks..its good to be back
Last edited by Jinx on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi Jinx,

welcome back for another round. If I started a new checkin every time I messed up, there'd be about a hundred of them by now! :lol: I really think it's NOT the 'sticking to NoS 100% right 100% of the time' that is the hard part. It's the keeping on going, keeping on coming back, even after you fall off the waggon bigtime (which, let's face it, everyone is going to do sooner or later! 8) ). That also takes a lot of courage to do.

Glad you're giving it your best shot.
C.
CaroleJo

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:45 am

carolejo wrote:Hi Jinx,

welcome back for another round. If I started a new checkin every time I messed up, there'd be about a hundred of them by now! :lol: I really think it's NOT the 'sticking to NoS 100% right 100% of the time' that is the hard part. It's the keeping on going, keeping on coming back, even after you fall off the waggon bigtime (which, let's face it, everyone is going to do sooner or later! 8) ). That also takes a lot of courage to do.

Glad you're giving it your best shot.
C.
thanks C. I am glad to be back at it again too :)

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:20 pm

you can definitely do it. :)

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:14 pm

ceu wrote:you can definitely do it. :)
THANKS!
I am going to try :)

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:15 pm

Day2
Breakfast: english muffin, and activia strawberry yogurt along with H2O

Lunch: left overs salad, salmon and sauteed veggies.

Dinner: TBA

Exercise: TBA