Benefit for my Husband

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
NoSnacker

Benefit for my Husband

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi, this is a copy of the benefit letter that family put out there..I copied and pasted it here.

Dear Friends,

Thank you for taking the time to read our letter. We know how valuable your time is, so your attention is greatly appreciated.

In early 2011, Reverend Chris Miller became ill with a cough of unknown origin. As time went on, the cough worsened and Chris ended up in the emergency room several times. After several trips to the hospital, seeing many doctors and taking a variety of prescription medications, he was finally diagnosed with having a torn diaphragm, a couple broken ribs and a herniated liver. Surgery was performed to repair the ribs, diaphragm and secure his liver in it’s proper place using mesh to encage his intercostal cavity and separated rib cage muscles.

After an excruciating recovery period, we were all hopeful that the surgery was a success; however, it wasn’t long after that Chris’s pain actually increased. After yet another evaluation, it was determined that the mesh repairing his intercostal cavity and ribs had collapsed causing the herniation to return.

Since Chris’ condition is rare, the doctors in Buffalo have never seen this before. Chris and his wife Debbie are not comfortable with the medical knowledge for his condition here in Buffalo and have had a consultation with a surgeon in Boston, MA that is skilled in this type of surgery. This surgeon is confident that there should be a favorable outcome after surgery.

With your donation, a “Friends of Chris Miller†benefit is being held at the:

Vigilant Fire Hall
666 Main St
West Seneca, NY 14224
September 8, 2012 2-7pm

Money raised from this benefit will help with medical and travel costs that are not covered by insurance. It will also help relieve some of the financial burden caused by Chris being unable to work.

Our goal is to have a successful benefit for Reverend Chris Miller. This can be possible with your help.
We are asking for you/your business to make a donation to this worthwhile event.

If making an item donation for the Chinese Auction, food or gifts, please contact Lori 716-359-6250 –or- Jody 716-827-8011 for arrangements to be made to either drop off the donation or to have it picked up, or you may email: FriendsofChrisMiller@gmail.com.

All other financial donations may be mailed to:
• Friends of Chris Miller PO Box 12 Buffalo NY 14220
• PayPal donations- https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... UYXBDB9V9W

Thank you very much for your consideration and support

FRIENDS OF CHRIS MILLER event organizers.
Tax ID: 45-3792786

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Oh, nosnacker-Debbie, I am so sorry that you are going through so much! My thoughts and prayers are with you and to him who can do all things. Keep your head around food through this. Give God your heart, not food. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 am

I echo those sentiments, too.

So sorry Deb, and i also apologize for not acknowledging this sooner. All I can say is that I have not been frequenting the boards as often recently and somehow I did not pick up on this till this evening.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband and I trust he will make a full and speedy recovery.
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:57 am

I missed this, too, Deb... I am so sorry for you and your husband and I hope and pray that he recovers well and that the surgeons in Boston can help him. Hang in there and take care of yourself.