When to drink...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

When to drink...

Post by Over43 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 pm

I came across this article on Live Strong.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/55771 ... -drink-it/

Here is a brief intro, I liked the "three meals a day":

You want to lose weight: In meeting of The American Chemical Society, researchers found that over 12 weeks, dieters who drank water before meals three times per day lost about 5 pounds more than dieters who did not increase their water intake. Good guidelines: Drink two cups before every meal.

Enjoy
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:41 pm

I like the part about coffee! WHEEE!!!!!

That said, I have been making a special effort to make sure I am drinking more water, as coffee is a diuretic, and the last time I went to give blood, the Red Cross guy was almost in tears trying to find my vein. It's bad enough at the best of times, but if I let myself get minorly dehydrated, only the most experienced vampire can draw blood.

Since then, I've been having a big glass of water (with a meal rather than before it), and I do get a fullness sensation sooner.

And while I may be true, it does give me flashbacks of my Diet Center days with the whole apple and a glass of water routine. True or not, it has a strong association with trying not to murder someone on a 900 calorie a day diet.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 pm

NoelFigart wrote:I like the part about coffee! WHEEE!!!!!

That said, I have been making a special effort to make sure I am drinking more water, as coffee is a diuretic, and the last time I went to give blood, the Red Cross guy was almost in tears trying to find my vein. It's bad enough at the best of times, but if I let myself get minorly dehydrated, only the most experienced vampire can draw blood.

Since then, I've been having a big glass of water (with a meal rather than before it), and I do get a fullness sensation sooner.

And while I may be true, it does give me flashbacks of my Diet Center days with the whole apple and a glass of water routine. True or not, it has a strong association with trying not to murder someone on a 900 calorie a day diet.
Speaking of being dehydrated...my doctor, and all of the doctors in his practice, encourages the consumption of water, black coffee or tea prior to a blood draw when one has fasted overnight. They don't affect the outcome of lab work and consuming the liquids makes it easier to draw the blood.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."