Leenie's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

leenie

Leenie's Daily Check In

Post by leenie » Wed May 18, 2005 2:04 am

Early AM walk dog 15 minutes
Run 3 miles easy pace with friend outside, i mention outside because I used to be such a gym rat and want to indulge in my love of outdoors more.

Bkfst- big bowl Kashi cereal with soymilk, coffee with creamer, small handful of blackberries

walk daughter to school

Lunch - carribean jerk chicken YUM, snow peas, yogurt. normally wouldnt have had the yogurt but would have been hungry earlier so opted for a bit more food rather than struggle later
walk dog again 15 min.

Dinner - carrots, sugar snap peas, salmon fillet (small)
walk dog -15 min.
DID have a diet soda but only one. Normally three! eeks!

and my german shepherd/norwegian elkhound Kona will need ANOTHER walk before bed .. she needs about 3-4 miles/day or she goes bonkers.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 18, 2005 7:44 pm

Sounds good, leenie. If this level of tracking feels too obsessive to you, you can also just enter a simple "YES" or "NO" every day. But maybe given what you're used to this is pretty free and relaxed?

leenie

Post by leenie » Wed May 18, 2005 9:40 pm

Yeah thanks I think I will just put yes or no and any qualifications I can add.

So today - Wed, Yes! Was a little bit harder due to being on class trip with 8yr old daughter's school. Everyone was snacking! Hung in there tho'.