the fireman and drive fence post

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
guille

the fireman and drive fence post

Post by guille » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 pm

arent they like the same movement, but like level 1 and level 2?

i mean, i find they kinda work the same muscles, with almost the same movement.

drive fence post is a little harder, because of the momentum, having to go and stop a little further

i feel i could stop doing fireman, because dfp is already doing its job

i find 3 similar movements: fire man, chop tree and dfp

becuase i dont rotate my dorso and hips in chop wood, that one i consider diifferent from the previous ones

because in chop tree i make the hammer as horisontal as possible, the movement and muscles involved are slightly different from the fire man, but now that i started dfp, i feel its extremely similar to fireman, just harder.

so im thinking of stoping my use of the fireman, to acomodate dfp in the same place where the fireman was in my rutine

what do you think?

slothlike

Post by slothlike » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 pm

I felt the same, but I eliminated DFP from my circuit.

Crafty

Post by Crafty » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:02 am

I'm not sure which moves here are which but I do 3. One is overhand, striking towards head level, the next is horizontal (kidney/hip height) with the torso twist, and the next is the same as the first but striking at the seat of a chair or the top of a 2L bottle standing straight up on the floor. This puts a lot more of the work into my back and obliques since there is a much longer control / aiming portion, but less energy is being put in by me (more is gravity).
Sometimes anti-social, always anti-fascist.