Macbeth SG Scenario

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
catwolf

Macbeth SG Scenario

Post by catwolf » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:27 pm

--- In shovelglove@yahoogroups.com, "beautiful_idiot" <beautiful_idiot@y...> wrote:
>
> --- In shovelglove@yahoogroups.com, "wolfe275" <wolfe.275@o...> wrote:
> >
> > I added butter churning today, with a kind of supplemental
> > rotating movement I called "stirring the caludron".
>
> I love it! You could do a macbeth scenario.
>
> http://www-tech.mit.edu/Shakespeare/mac ... h.4.1.html

OMG-- that's great! Shoveling could become "Burying the Corpses," Chopping Wood could become "Executing Traitors" and Butter Churning "Impaling." Wow. I am SO set for SGing next week! :wink:

Shelley

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:43 pm

Hi Shelly,

If you find it's a movement you stick with, send pictures or video and I'll put up a movement page for it.

P.S. thanks for switching over so quickly, after having just joining the yahoo group. Technology is annoying...

ann99m

Post by ann99m » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:59 pm

I just started SG today and also did a similar motion, though i more stuck with the manual labor of the past description and thought of it more as stirring the laundry (as in when people used to boil a big old kettle and then stir the clothes around in them).

i guess i just like all the historical references :wink:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Welcome, Ann.

Although I find the pop-culture scenarios amusing and fun for a change, I also prefer the duller, historical labor imagery. It's less flashy, but I think it's more deeply inspiring. This work is in our bones! Through thousands of generations of ancestor repetitions, it's a metaphor that's physically a part of us. No offense to descendents of actual witches and vampire slayers, of course. :wink:

Whichever way you look at it, this is a physically great move. I messed around with it a bit during freestyle this week and found it satisfying and exhausting. I might even go regular with it.