Jam and drinks

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Elinor

Jam and drinks

Post by Elinor » Tue May 17, 2005 10:06 pm

im unsure about this:
reduced sugar jam...ok? (im thinking not)
no added sugar squash/diluted juice drinks?
two things which i wondered over today as plain toast :( and plain london water all the time :(
also say at lunch you have a sandwich and friut does the friut count as seconds or just part of the meal?
maybe im thinking about this too much :?

gratefuldeb67

Fruit and Jam :)

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue May 17, 2005 10:34 pm

Hiyah Elinor! Welcome :D
It's the day to day intake of extra, unnecessary calories, like soda, that you have to watch out for here... I think a teaspoon of 16 calorie jam won't make you into a blimp, but having a big dessert, like a candy or donut, etc... or corn syrup drink, ie: soda (is that what you mean by "squash"?) will...

I'm pretty sure that Reinhard addresses this on the NoS mainpage (see section on "borderline" foods, ie: yogurt, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...)
If you have four tablespoons of jelly, I would rethink the amount! :)

As for fruit with a meal... That is exactly what we want to go for.. It's not considered a second course, but keep in mind that you need it all to fit on one plate... And the plate shouldn't exceed the side of a catchers mitt! LOL... If you have a substantial meal, with that fruit as the good filling non sugary dessert, chances are you won't feel the need to nibble away between those meals, and you will feel much more satisfied.

Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Elinor

Post by Elinor » Tue May 17, 2005 10:45 pm

Hi :D thanks for the quick reply, now i can have a glass of squash before bed rather than more water

yeah i only have a very thin spread of jam prob half a teaspoon over two slices of toast so i guess this is ok
by squash i mean the friut drinks (orange, blackcurrent) which you dilute with water like robinsons or ribena, not the fizzy soda like coke etc
so i can eat friut with a sandwich that is good i like satsumas and bananas

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 19, 2005 1:46 pm

Hi Elinor. Sorry for the delay, but Deb hit it on the nose. For what it's worth, you have my official, excplicit OK, too.

Here's a link the "borderline foods" part:

http://nosdiet.com/#sweets