Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarinetgal's check in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back again! I fell into a pattern of overeating at night again, and it didn't get me anywhere, except I've had increased heartburn, and I haven't lost any weight (although thankfully, I've been active enough that I haven't gained any weight, either). Today is Day 3 of recommitting to No S. Day 1 was great! I wasn't perfectly Vanilla, but I came close! Day 2, I ate at night (and this was after having some tea with coconut milk, cinnamon, and a very tiny amount of sugar, and it was really good). I didn't enjoy the nighttime eating at all, though, so I'm ready to try it again today.
For today, it worked out that I didn't have breakfast until almost noon. Lunch will be at around 4:30-5, and dinner will be at 9, after my Monday band rehearsal. By putting off my meals, I should be able to successfully not eat after dinner tonight. I don't know if I can delay my meals all of the time, because it works out better for my schedule to exercise at around 6 AM, and I'm usually hungry after exercising. However, what I may try, is having something small right after my workout (like an RX bar and some nuts), and having my 3 main meals at 11:30-12, 4:30, and 8:30-9.

Oolala, Sorry to be so late in my reply, but I love your suggestion about having Thursday being my official S day, and two floating days each month!
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3: Great! It even ended up being a Vanilla day! Day 4: So far, so good! I've had a tiny bit of sweets today, but they've been contained in meals (1 TB of chocolate chips and about 1/8 of a cookie I bought for my boys to share). My big test will be tonight.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're making it! Consider going to bed earlier a few nights. IF possible.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!! I actually really need to start going to bed earlier.😴
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I try to stop eating at least 2-3 hrs before bed. It makes a huge difference w/ my reflux. I also take a Pepcid ac and sleep on a wedge pillow. My reflux is much better since I started fasting but I cannot have even a drop of caffeine.

Anyway good luck with the nighttime eating !

3/14-210 lbs; 3/15- 202 lbs; 1/16- 172 lbs; 9/17-177 lbs; 11/10- 167.8 lbs

Current weight: 165.4 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Linda!

Update: I made it without eating after dinner! I did get the urge to eat a few times, but I waited it out.
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 5: (yesterday) I made it again! I still had several urges to eat after dinner, but I rode them out. Today is my S day. I plan to keep my eating mostly sane today, but I am getting a piece of pie after Band, and I might get a Starbucks coffee drink this afternoon.
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillian Riley thinks that a lot of our eating is driven by hijacked reward systems gone cuckoo from cruddy food and just a greater acceptance of overeating and lots of sweets and starches. I like the metaphor, even if it isn't true. It's definitely helped me this week. Do I want to reinforce the false reward system or tolerate the desire and dissolve it over time? I'm free to do either, but not free to avoid the results.

Let us know what kind of pie...

clarinetgal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oolala, That's a good point, and I will keep doing it. I had pumpkin cream pie tonight, and it was really good. 😀
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not old school on pumpkin pie because it doesn't send me. I like the cream versions better, but I take what I get because neither one is important enough for me to buy one anymore. Now you have me wishing someone brings a cream version to something....

clarinetgal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oolala, I like the pumpkin cream pies much better, too!

Well, yesterday ended up being more challenging. My kids didn't have school, and I took my younger son out for awhile, which means I didn't get lunch until late, which then threw off my dinner, etc... I'm close to finishing the book that Linda mentioned (Delay, Don't Deny), and I'm thinking it might be very feasible for me to Fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour eating window. That way, I could still have three medium-sized meals, and I would be done eating for the night at around 7 PM. I will still have my special treat on Thursdays, but aside from that, I think this might be a good plan for me (it should help my reflux, it will end the nighttime overeating, etc...). I might start with 14 hours of fasting and gradually work my way up to 16 hours.
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how it goes! I definitely had to work myself up to the longer fasts too. Getting rid of the nighttime eating should help a lot for sure. Cutting out caffeine was a must for me though most ppl can still tolerate small amounts.

Best of luck!

3/14-210 lbs; 3/15- 202 lbs; 1/16- 172 lbs; 9/17-177 lbs; 11/10- 167.8 lbs

Current weight: 165.4 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that, Linda! Thanks!

Well, yesterday night was a bust, because I ended up overeating. At least I know it was from fatigue, and that I should have just gone to bed. I will get back on track tonight!
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday night was a success! I didn't end up eating dinner until a little later, so my Fast was only around 12.5 hours before I had some coffee with creamer in it, but it's a start! At this point, I'm more focused on breaking myself of the nighttime eating, and I can work on the fasting later.
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday (Monday) was a fail, but it ended up being a good lesson for me. I ate dinner in the 5 PM hour, which was too close to my band rehearsal, and I ended up with terrible reflux during rehearsal. I also was hungry after Band, so I ended up eating late yesterday night. I think what I might do on both of my band days is have a Vega One shake with fruit and a little healthy fat before rehearsal and eat dinner after rehearsal. I'll still make Thursdays my treat day. I also still want to experiment with fasting the rest of the time, but I really don't think I can do it on Band days.
clarinetgal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday night (Tuesday) was a success! I didn't eat after dinner, and my Fast was at least 12.5 hours, possibly closer to 14, since all I've had at this point (I'm writing this at 9:40 AM) is 10 calories of unsweetened creamer in my coffee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: