New move--martially oriented

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
david

New move--martially oriented

Post by david » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:01 pm

Hi all,

*WARNING* You can seriously hurt yourself and/or your furniture, pets, kids, etc. with the following move! Work it easy and have fun!

I have come up with a useful movement which involves the legs more than most. I call it "spring up, smash face." I got the idea from certain Japanese sword systems which have movements where you crouch or squat down to break up your outline in the dark. When the enemy gets close enough you spring up and cut or stab the enemy's torso or face.

In the sledgehammer version, I hold the hammer as if I'm doing "stoke the oven." I then squat down as low as I can. Then, in one motion, I leap up and thrust the hammer head (as if smashing enemy/Orc/Nazi face) while simultaneously drawing my feet up to my butt in mid-air. Then, I land in the squat or crouch. Repeat. :twisted:

This jack-in-the-box type action probably looks a bit silly but it is very hard work. I only did five per side today and my legs were shaking!

I'm going to continue working on this one--if any of you try it please let me know how it goes.

thanks,
David

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Nice! Stoke the oven would make a great combat move. The fireman and chop tree might do a lot more damage if they connect, but they require a big windup and probably won't. Stoke the oven is quick, unexpected, and what is the nazi orc gonna do to dodge it, jump backwards? Block? Not a chance. It might not be quite the life altering experience of a direct fireman/chop tree/fence post drive hit, but he won't be getting up again for a while.

Hoping none of us here ever has occassion to make "useful" use of this,

Reinhard