Protein shake?

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Flintor

Protein shake?

Post by Flintor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:27 am

How big is the difference between using water or milk in a protein shake?
Alot of people say water..but I prefer milk..what is the best type of milk to use? I usually use 2% or fat free..

mulliganagain

Post by mulliganagain » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm

I think it's just a matter of preference and nutritional needs... I don't like drinking protein shakes, but I like mixing protein powder, plain oatmeal (made with water), and a container of yogurt together. yum! :D

andrewemond

Post by andrewemond » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 pm

If you're worried about fat content and want a protein boost and it's available, I'd use Skim Plus: Fat free, 11 grams of protein (versus the usual 8 grams), and tastes creamier than normal skim milk. Some versions of Skim Plus are even Omega-3 fortified.

Now if you hate the taste of milk and/or are intolerant to it, then I'd say you're fresh outta luck. It'll be the spigot for you.

Goodcooker

Post by Goodcooker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

I use almond milk. 1 carb and only 40 cals per cup.
1 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries
1 cup almond milk
1 scoop of Jay Robb vanilla whey protein (sweetened with stevia)
BLENDER

AMAZING! Low carb as well. And you get a whopping 25 grams of protein. Great for breakfast a couple times a week when you get too busy to cook.
One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
-Lucille Ball

ahen23

Milk or water

Post by ahen23 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:46 am

It is best to keep it simple. If you are planning for a high calorie protein shake mix it with mild, and for a low calorie shake add water. From what I know and what I found on the internet, those looking to build muscles usually add milk.
My personal preference is 2% skimmed milk or you can try Soy milk, that’s good too.
I am a health conscious mother of two. Having tried general motors diet and 21 days diet plan, I am now looking for new ideas and tips to stay healthy.

litkovski

Re: Protein shake?

Post by litkovski » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Flintor wrote:How big is the difference between using water or milk in a protein shake?
Alot of people say water..but I prefer milk..what is the best type of milk to use? I usually use 2% or fat free..
The difference is that milk will stay longer time in Your stomach , before it digests. As an effect it might slower your metabolism , especially if you try to eat something before it is being digested.

Also if You drink it during the day it will not digest properly .
drinkning milk during the day might harm your diet .

milk as a product itself digests best in the evening ( 20.00 p.m -6.am )

Kisame

Post by Kisame » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:36 am

Knowing that milk is also dangerous Thanks for the info
sbobet888 automation with speed Only a few steps by filling in personal information to verify identity and in the online betting section There is a follow-up to the whole set. That can be viewed from the table, because the score is updated all the time gclub88888

maxpetis

Post by maxpetis » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:43 am

Protein shakes are useful and good for diet, this is vital because you have to intake good diet with it as well to make it work along your body.
Buy Tramadol 50mg Online