misplacedpeg says hi!!!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

misplacedpeg

misplacedpeg says hi!!!

Post by misplacedpeg » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 am

hey all,
its my first day here....feeliing slightly intimidated...javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
am trying to forget that im on a 'diet', or at least under some restrictions... the thought alone sets off some crazy panic binging mechanism before i even get a chance to officially start.........
hope you all doing well!!
peace n love n lunch (that will be my next meal)javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

pangelsue

Welcome

Post by pangelsue » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:22 am

Hi Misplacedpeg and welcome. Stick with it. You will love it. We all were where you are and made it through those first couple of days. I was the queen of snacking and decided many times not to try this diet because I never thought I could get through a day without snacks but I am on day 23 and feeling pretty darn good about myself. I never thought I would have self control again and every day I have success, I know this is the path for me. For a while, just keep thinking weekend. That is the saving grace of this plan. For 2 days a week life can be "normal" before you get back to plan. And you aren't even cheating. I still sort of live for the weekend but even that is starting to change. You can do this and we can help.

misplacedpeg

Post by misplacedpeg » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:36 am

thaaaaanx....
i ve got to say, i could compete for that queen of snacking spot with you..
its great reading your post and congrats with your success!!
hope i can follow in your footsteps

pangelsue

Sweet success

Post by pangelsue » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:11 pm

You will. Just take it one day at a time and soon you will be in the 21 day club. Just keep thinking, weekend, weekend, weekend for the first couple of weeks. Best of luck.