Who needs a shovelglove

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
iamtami

Who needs a shovelglove

Post by iamtami » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 pm

when you've got a foot of wet snow to shovel?!? I've been on No-S for almost 2 months, and have been thinking of getting a sledgehammer. I haven't had a chance yet, but I live in the Kansas City area, so I've gotten to shovel for hours the last couple of days. And after that, I'm pretty confident that the shovelglove will be a great workout! I look forward to getting started.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:28 am

We had 2 feet ourselves in Feb. Great reminder of the practical value of those shovelglove muscles. I sometimes think someone should coordinate some exercise club/charity that goes around shoveling snow for other people and similar physical tasks, depending on the season, kind of like a volunteer, altruistic chain gang. What a waste all that calorie burning that goes on in the gym (and even alas, in the comfort of our living room) when we consider how usefully it could be applied elsewhere.

Reinhard